Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus I'm afraid to update SLP due to past fatal errors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Page URL where SLP resides: http://plantsomethingmaine.org/get-planting/

WP Version: 4.5.2

Screenshots of all plugins attached. Please advise if you see any potential problems.

Thanks,

David

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David
    Participant

Can anyone respond please?

Cici
    Keymaster

If you are running a Network Active Multisite through WP, you might want to wait for SLP 4.5.04  which is currently in pre release. If you have a development site, or have backed up your site, or have a staging site  you can load SLP 4.5.04 Pre release (available under Downloads)  and see how it behaves.

The Regular  production SLP 4.5.03 did not have any update issues, other than what some people reported who were running SLP with add-ons on a Network Active Multisite.  There are reports in the WP multisite forum of other plugins also having issues.

David
    Participant

I’m not running a multisite, just a basic WordPress site. I attached screenshots of all the plugins I’m using. From that can you tell me if you see any potential problems if I go ahead with the SLP update? That’s all I want to know. Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

The SLP update tested fine for us and I have not seen any recent reports that the current version called out a fatal error.

I do not know all those plugins that you are using, nor how your theme is written, but SLP was tested with WP 4.5.2 and uses jquery 1.12.

I do know  that some people have themes that are not compliant with the new WP versions and that halted the SLP Maps from loading, but there are no fatal errors with SLP 4.5.03  other than the Multisite version that I mentioned (and that is being addressed in 4.5.04 under pre release)

If you are referring to the slew of reports of fatal errors or failures that occurred with 4.5.01, that has been fixed with SLP 4.5.03.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. I also have updated my ProPack to 4.5 and have not seen any issues on my test site, ditto with the Experience add-on now on 4.5. Sorry, I didnt notice you also had those installed.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.P.S. the developer also suggests, to alleviate any concerns that any WP sites may have about ANY of their plugins ”   a) have a backup,   b) really, really have a backup via VaultPress, c) employ a staging site  – WPEngine is a great hosting company that provides an “easy button” for that sort of thing”

I hope this helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘I'm afraid to update SLP due to past fatal errors.’ is closed to new replies.