Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support How to Change the Look of The Input Form

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Kurrasch
    Participant

Heys folks.  I think I have the fields worked out that I want to see.  Not it just doesn’t look right because of the order of fields, field lengths, and field locations. I’m attaching a photo of the look.  Can I know the field to edit to rearrange the fields or the .css to edit the fields?

I would like it to look more even, clean, and in a different order.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Yes you can change anything including color with CSS if the View/Plugin style does not have what you want.

The developer also wrote an article about the way WordPress has made it easier  to do it right there. That way you do not need to save the CSS every time you update the plugin.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/wordpress-custom-css-rules/

Also  see how to use or apply Custom CSS 

To change the order, of the layout See Search Layout attributes and map and results

There are a few different Layout styles under Settings/View Gallery styles that have been built for premier customers as well.

Jesse Kurrasch
    Participant

Thank you, but that didn’t really help.  For example, hoe can I move the submit button away from the address field?  I want the button at the bottom of the form, not in the middle.

I also don’t want the tag field at the bottom, but the top.

Please let me know the file I need to edit where the HTML or CSS code that controls the search form because the documentation you sent didn’t answer that.

Cici
    Keymaster

You can search the documentation or click in the back end of the plugin to see what fields are controlled by what …

Under Settings/Search/in the box search layout

See attached screenshot , in the back end  you should familiarize your self with all the different fields and settings, or look under view to see if there is a pre-built layout (assume you are using a test site or staging site)  hover over the sections of the fields, most have a link to the right that will lead to documentation.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/search-layout-shortcodes-and-attributes/

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/slplus-shortcode-options/

P.S.

Please do not send both emails and forum questions to ask similar or same questions. Preferred method is using the forums so others can benefit from the answers., We ask that you provide your plugin info each time as well since we do not always know what versions or add-ons people are using.  (Also, your email address has one name and these forums have another, it gets confusing.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.