Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus How do I update my plugin?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Meri Merrigan
    Participant

SLP is stuck at version 5.5.15 with no option to update. While power and experience are version 5.10 and wont activate because I cant update SLP to 5.10. The site is wrecked. What to I need to do to update this plugin?

Meri Merrigan
    Participant

Can I rollback Power and Experience? Anything that will get the site working?

Cici
    Keymaster

Follow these steps to manually upgrade your Plug-in and/or add-on packs:

Make sure you have a back up of your site before any major updates

• Login to your account on the Store Locator Plus   The log in is under WordPress SLP
    • Download your SLP version 5.10 or latest and/or  add-on packs for any that are out-of-date.
    • Via your WordPress admin panel, deactivate and delete the SLP plugin
    • Via your WordPress admin panel, install the zip files you downloaded from the Store Locator Plus site, activate the SLP plug-in
    • Then follow same for the add-on packs
    Cici
    Keymaster

The reason you could not auto updates is because WP delisted and we are waiting for them to review. We may decide not to go through WP in the future for updates but all Premier customers will have  latest versions available. Other customers will need to purchase SLP.

Alternatively our SLP SaaS platform customers NEVER have to worry about updates or other issues.

The developer posted instructions under his News release here as well

https://storelocatorplus.com/store-locator-plus-5-9-security-update-released-wordpress-plugin/

See  more  NEWS from the developer 

We apologize for the inconvenience as we decide the best course of action going forward

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Cici.
    Amanda
    Participant

Hi Cici

I just hit this same problem, actually my client ran automatic updates including the base SLP and now I can’t activate Power and Experience. When I go to my account I only see downloads for Power and Experience but not the SLP plugin itself. Where can I get the newest version of SLP through my account? Do I have to buy that for $25 now? in the past that was never the case.

Amanda
    Participant

Well we bought the new SLP plugin, but it didn’t save my settings, which is frustrating. Anyway, I guess we solved the problem of updating for now.

Cici
    Keymaster

@Amanda

The explanation why you have to buy the base plug-in was above, but also read the multiple news article from the developer beginning in May with version 5.9., and June 2021

I have not run into any issues about settings being saved if you follow the manual update directions and have a back up but also have your CSS saved. You can also export your JSON settings

Glad you found the info you needed. Thanks for letting us know

CSS may need to be copied onto your local drive if that was the case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.