Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Wolfram
    Participant

Hi, we just purchased the Experience Addon and selected the “Hide map until search” option, but no matter what is selected here, also not with the shortcodes, this does not seem to work, it always shows a map – just tested in your online demo and same here, map is always showing…. help???

Seems others have this prob too?

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/map-displayhide-until-search/

Cici
    Keymaster

Where are you seeing a check box for “hide map until search” . We need your plugin environment, and url , see Posting guidelines.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please also let us know, besides your plugin environment which Plugin style you are using. Some plugin styles will show the map upon load and others do not. I will ask Lance to take a look at it once you have provided your plugin environment and url. Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

I have tried various views, the plug in style I switched to was Default WP 2015 and then I switched to Hidden results, but the gallery styles do show the map. I suggest checking which plugin style you are utilizing and report back.  Thanks

Wolfram
    Participant

sorry, setting was under Experience -> Map -> Map Display -> Choose “Hide until search” (hope this is the correct translation from German interface) – also, it might have something to do with the Views – the only view the hidden map works with is the “Rock Tape” view – with all others, even if selected to “hide until search”, it shows a map ….. is that something that has to be set in the views….? If so, help here would be appreciated since it seems to have something to do with the views and not with our template.

Wolfram
    Participant

Plugin environment:

Store Locator Plus:4.7.4
    Erfahrung:4.7.4
    Power:4.7.1
    +Pages
    Site URL:http://www.tuning-plaza.de
    This Info Cached:1485852312
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.7.2
    PHP Version:5.4.39-0+deb7u2
    MySQL Version:5.5.52
    PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:47 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:8M

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Wolfram
    Participant

Hi – any news on this? 🙂 We really would need the feature to hide the map until search….

Thanks!

Wolfram
    Participant

I’m attaching 2 screenshots from your demo site where the “hide map until search” also does not seem to work – weirdly, I tested the demo about 2 weeks ago and back then this option seemed to have worked….

Cici
    Keymaster

I have tried out various Plug in styles. The hide Map also works with Blank , Beside Myself, Big Map, etc etc,

In fact pretty much all of the Plugin styles that are NOT part of the Gallery style.

Change Plugin style to one of those Mentioned and then press save changes and refresh your page.

Doesn’t that work?  If it doesn’t I am not sure what you are experienceing…Is this an older domain that you just updated or are you trying this out on a new domain?

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. I cannot log into your site url, assume it is a dev site, therefore , I cannot nspect your page to see what else you may have going on. If its a theme conflict or if youa re not using the best plugin style for your site

If you need Login support that is a paid support function. 

Wolfram
    Participant

hmm there is only the option Plugin style “Gallery style” …see screenshot, taken from your online demo …where can this be changed, CAN it be changed? Is there any docu about it? Didn’t find any….  I tried out all views with “Gallery style” with “Save changes” but not working…. so, it has got something to do with the Plugin style? If this can be anything else than “Gallery view”, then where to edit, change, adapt? 🙂

Wolfram
    Participant

Ok, found it myself….. thing is, the older styles where located under store-locator-le/css/legacy …copied them into store-locator-le/css …tadaaa and it all works now 😀

Cici
    Keymaster

If this was an existing site and domain all the plugin styles would still be there,  without you having to copy anything. If you  are using SLP out of the box or with add-ons on a new site it wouldn’t automatically show up you are correct.

The author is trying to limit the overhead by introducing the gallery one click style. Hide map until search is part  of the Experience Add-on.

Also, we are trying to get people to have one add-on per business site domain. Many developers are buying once and then launching or using on hundreds of sites.  It is not forbidden but it is not part of our “fair business practices” that are spelled out in the EULA. There are some changes that new customers will see and  existing customers, like yourself will notice if they are using an add-on under a different domain, or a new site.  If you are utilizing  the add-ons and have them deployed on multiple sites , we ask our customers  to Purchase the Premier subscription.  I think you can understand the business end of it.

But glad you could find a solution.

Note:  Our loyal Premier subscription customers can always ask for a specific plugin style to be added into the Gallery style and it will be added.  There are some gallery styles that are only available to premier subscribers.

You may want to  look into the Premier subscription, I think your customers will appreciate the versatility, functionality  and options available

Wolfram
    Participant

It was a complete new install, so maybe that’s why we had to copy – we only had it under a different /development domain before 🙂 And we’re only using it for this business, so no double use intended.

Just another question (or should I open a new topic…?) – we also have the Power plugin with pages activated. How can pages be edited? I thought it’s been done under Pages -> Page layout, but we don’t seem to be able to add linebreaks after street, phone etc. …. see added screenshot – already tried with <span> and display: block but no luck so far.

Thanks for the help!

Cici
    Keymaster

The SEO Pages?  That would be done with your Page Template using basic HTML…if you have another question about Power or Pages, yes please start a new thread with the Plugin environment (I am not always the one that answers, sometimes Lance answers and he will not know or recognize the name on the post as having recently posted)

See Docs on that here SEO Pages

Thanks for posting your solution

If you have both Power and Pages,  EXPERIENCE add-on why don’t you opt for Premier?  You get a bigger bang for the buck, more features, more plugin style versatility , latest versions and updates  and I can provide you a coupon if you send me an email to support@ ( See contact us page ) as long as you bought the last two add-ons less than a year ago.. And you would post in Premier forum, Premier has first dibs on support tier, and you can request to be  invited to the Slack channel where the developers discuss what they are working on, and a chance to chat direct to the developer and author…just a thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide map until search’ is closed to new replies.