Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi,

We have the following paid plugins that were running well since going live mid this year:

Store Locator Plus

Store Locator Plus – Experience

Store Locator Plus :: Pro Pack

Store Locator Plus :: Tagalong

A client viewing the site informed us the map grey’s out when performing a search for a location.  We have not done any updates to plugins or wordpress core in the last several months.  Any thoughts on what might be happening?

The links to see this are:

http://stogryn.ca/find-a-salon-retailer/

http://stogryn.ca/find-a-spa-retailer/

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide versions of what you have (Posting guidelines).  You are NOT using the latest versions of Store Locator Plus Nor the latest versions of Experience Add-on. I cant tell what versions of ProPack you are using nor Taglong just by looking at your site  see versions here

UPDATE your versions first , if you still have an issue see Troubleshooting.

Nine times out of ten it will be another plugin or theme, in your case  the error message and failure comes back “you are using Multiple Google Map API”.  If updating doesn’t fix your issue then you need to use the debugging tool  to see what is causing the conflict.

This is what I saw with a brief look at the first link in the Chrome browser, right click inspect and under Console your failed messages are there. As far as the icon , it is pulling from the wrong directory path. Again, Update. You can save any special icons in your WP media file and link to that if you need to

js?ver=4.5.4:93 You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.Ug @ js?ver=4.5.4:93

util.js:211 Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keysWA.j @ util.js:211

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.send @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://stogrynsales.com/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/images/icons/bulb_white.png. No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. Origin ‘http://stogryn.ca’ is therefore not allowed access.send @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for the fast reply.  Below is a list of our versioning:

Store Locator Plus:4.5.03

Experience:4.5

Pro Pack:4.5

Tagalong:4.4.03

This Info Cached:1481305879

WordPress Version:4.5.4

Network Active:No

Site URL:http://stogryn.ca

MySQL Version:5.6.34

PHP Version:5.5.38

I will schedule in an update and see if that fixes the issue.  That probably won’t be for several days.  If there is something else you can see do let me know.  Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Google Map API multiple times warning is a concern. UI am not sure how that got there, but if you have part of your theme or another plugin also utilizing Google Map queries, there will be a conflict. I am guessing that may be the case , Also check to see if you have Forceload javascript on, that is another big no no…it is only there because back in the day the SLP author added that ooption to  compensate for some poorly written WP theme that a customer was using.

ALL of your add-ons and SLP are out of date and need to be updates, along with WP itself. Should be 4.6  if you do not want to update yet to WP 4.7, I am waiting myself before updating WP to 4.7 looks like they had a glitch somewhere but I havent investigated.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for the input, we have 2 Store Locator Plus map’s running (one for the salon side and one for the spa side of things), could this be the multiple api calls from google?  The contact page also has a map.

What I’m trying to understand is nothing has changed or been updated since it was released.  The store locator has been working fine up until a client found out last week.  I’m going to troubleshoot a few things (removing maps from contact to test, etc).  Just wondering if you have any insights with the running of 2 SLP’s (one for salon and one for spa)

Thanks,

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Another question, I’ve been browsing the site for documentation on updating all SLP plugins (SLP, SLP – Experience, SLP – Pro Pack, SLP – Tagalong) and I can’t seem to find anything.  What do you recommend?

ie (update to WP 4.6 first, then update the plugins from WP -> Plugins (click Update now for each)) or is there a specific order it likes it in.

We deal with a lot of themes and every theme seems to like updating in a certain way so I thought I’d ask the proper way to minimize downtime.  I will most likely do a theme update at the same time since something there is bound to break if we’re updating to 4.6 and don’t have a version of the theme compatible version for 4.6.

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Just following up with my 2 previous posts.  If you can let me know the best way to update that would be great.

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Barbara,

No the multiple Google MAP API keys are not from having SLP maps on two different pages,  you just use shortcodes to have SLP different maps, you can have a map on as many as you want.  They DO however draw from the same data, and I assume you are using Tagalong to categorize which ones appear on which page using the  only_with_shortcodes

I have five pages on my test sites with different shortcodes.

If you have another plugin or Theme that has a google api built in then you will see the error.

As far as updating.  See the how to here. First deactivate the add-ons. update SLP,   Anything above  SLP 4.5.08 requires PROPACK and TAGALONG to be updated. So first deactivate those two.    I personally think you would be better off converting those two add-ons to Power anyway. Power and Experience and Premier are the only add-ons that will be updated going forward.  And may I suggest,  Premier is by far the best value for you , it provides additional exclusive features  and will help your user experiences ten fold.  Check out some of the YouTube videos about Lances latest development and features he added to premier 4.7

Plus you can use it on multiple sites, and have access to premier  support forum which is answered first.  It will minimize the plugins you have to deal with, less worries about all the updates, efficiency of scale…and actually if you opt for Premier I can offer you a larger discount because you already have   Exp. Add-on , ProPack, and Tagalong.  Premier will provide functions and features that I bet you currently are using other plugins to do.

See the  FAQ sheet about the tit for tat on the legacy versus current add-ons etc if you are interested in either Power or Premier, discount coupons send a request support@storelocatorplus.com.

If you do not go that route, go to your account and download latest versions, (you will not see the  version# for ProPack nor Tagalong because they are legacy,) update SLP first, delete the old versions of the add-ons and then upload the new versions see what versions we are on here.

If you need help with your overall WordPress site, including theme, send email request to support@storelocatroplus.com and Lance and his affiliate can review to see if you would benefit from help from the CyberSprocket development team.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I did the update as follows:

– deactivated all 3 SLP plugins (Experience, Pro Pack, Tagalong)

– Updated SLP through plugins section in WP-admin (now at version 4.7)

– Deleted Pro Pack and Tagalong in plugins section in WP-admin

– uploaded newly downloaded Pro Pack and Tagalong to the plugins section and activated it through WP-admin (Pro Pack is now version 4.6.4, Tagalong is now version 4.5.07)

The experience plugin does not activate anymore as it complains its not compatible with SLP version 4.7.  Testing the maps again we do get the same problem.

I’ve disabled all my plugins and ran the page with map locator again, same problem (grey out map on search).  The only 2 places a google map is used aside from the “Find a spa locator” and “Find a salon locator” are the contact pages to which I tested by removing them from the pages and save them.

I then focused on the theme options and found a place to disable google maps from being active on the contact page.

This seem to fix our issue with the greying of the maps on result.

The only other problem now is the experience plugin.  How can I get that back running?

We will most likely look into upgrading our plugin in our next update, just got to run it by my client.

Looking forward to your reply,

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

if you have the Experience add-on, do same thing you did with Propack, deactivate EXP, download the latest version from your account and upload it into your WP admin panels. It follows the same logic as the others.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I tried that the first time on the storelocatorplus.com website logged into my account, I went to the “Downloads” tab.  Everything is there except for the Experience plugin to download.  If you go to Orders it does show we bought the experience plugin.  Could you have a look and let us know how to get the updated experience plugin?  Thanks

Cheers

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Barbra,

I added it back in, there was a change to subscription orders with Woo Commerce.  Check now, you should be able to download it again

CiCi

Barbara
    Participant

Thanks Cici,

All is solved and running properly again.

Cheers

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Barbara , Thanks for letting me know. If you have a sec, and could leave a positive rating in  WordPress it would help me  keep my little bitty job for 2017.  If you do not think I have been responsive in accordance with the Posting guidelines or cannot leave a five star rating, please contact us at support and my boss will give me coal in my socking, but at least I might still get to keep my job.

🙂

See links from front page …

If you like Store Locator Plus please leave a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org. A huge thank you from Lance and his fellow code geeks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.