Store Locator Plus for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Fatal Error Version 5.12.3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CharlieG
    Participant

Just purchased and uploaded <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>Version 5.12.3. Tried to activate and got a fatal error, could not activate. Same was the case with the old version after our server updated to PHP 8. Is this plugin supposed to be compatible with PHP 8? Can’t get it to work.  We are on WordPress </span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 13px;”>5.8.2. </span></span>

Hope you have a solution.

CharlieG
    Participant

I want to add that the plugin works on PHP 7.4 but breaks the site when we update to PHP 8.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have sent the info to the developer for his input.

Cici
    Keymaster

Charlie,

There are or were issues that I have uncovered in the WordPress support forumshttps://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-8-and-wp-5-6-php-fatal-error-uncaught-error-call-to-undefined-function/

Did you save the Fatal error script so we could see the error message generated?

CharlieG
    Participant

With debug enabled, it showed this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token “\” in /home/lynnmfg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/module/text/SLP_Text.php on line 239

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by CharlieG.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Thank you, I will pass this along to the developer

CharlieG
    Participant

When can I expect a fix? If your plugin won’t work anymore, please refund.

Cici
    Keymaster

Don’t use PHP 8  until the developer has a chance to address this or you may opt to switch to the SLP SaaS which works fine and is not dependent on you updating the plug-in and has no problems reported with PHP versions.

The WordPress  plug-in details are compatible with the WP version as shown

Our developer will get to it when he finished his current projects.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. if you need a refund you need to contact support. This  forum topic does not provide us with enough info to issue a refund.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.