Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Fatal Error Version 5.12.3

Tagged: 

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    CharlieG
    Participant

Just purchased and uploaded <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>Version 5.12.3. Tried to activate and got a fatal error, could not activate. Same was the case with the old version after our server updated to PHP 8. Is this plugin supposed to be compatible with PHP 8? Can’t get it to work.  We are on WordPress </span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 13px;”>5.8.2. </span></span>

Hope you have a solution.

CharlieG
    Participant

I want to add that the plugin works on PHP 7.4 but breaks the site when we update to PHP 8.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have sent the info to the developer for his input.

Cici
    Keymaster

Charlie,

There are or were issues that I have uncovered in the WordPress support forumshttps://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-8-and-wp-5-6-php-fatal-error-uncaught-error-call-to-undefined-function/

Did you save the Fatal error script so we could see the error message generated?

CharlieG
    Participant

With debug enabled, it showed this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token “\” in /home/lynnmfg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/module/text/SLP_Text.php on line 239

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by CharlieG.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Thank you, I will pass this along to the developer

CharlieG
    Participant

When can I expect a fix? If your plugin won’t work anymore, please refund.

Cici
    Keymaster

Don’t use PHP 8  until the developer has a chance to address this or you may opt to switch to the SLP SaaS which works fine and is not dependent on you updating the plug-in and has no problems reported with PHP versions.

The WordPress  plug-in details are compatible with the WP version as shown

Our developer will get to it when he finished his current projects.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. if you need a refund you need to contact support. This  forum topic does not provide us with enough info to issue a refund.

peter
    Participant

Is there any update on this? PHP 8 has been out for a while now.

Cici
    Keymaster

no update

Cici
    Keymaster

All

HP 8.0 is a major version update with a large number of changes that break backwards compatibility, and many features that were deprecated within the PHP 7.x feature releases have been officially removed. PHP 8 uses much stricter typing than previous versions. Many built-in functions are now pickier about the input they accept, and PHP 8 itself is more stringent about how input is passed to functions. Issues that previously resulted in notices now result in warnings, and issues that previously resulted in warnings now result in errors.

In other words, PHP 8 is not as lenient as previous versions. It will not try quite as hard to make code work no matter what.

Since the majority of our customers have not updates to PHP 8, we will not be tacking this in the near future.

The developer suggests you NOT update to PHP 8 because of the issue with backwards compatibility.

jasonfarran
    Participant

Hello,

I am getting the same error when I try to enable the plugin. I repurchased the plugin hoping it was caused by some old version I was stuck on, but I’m still getting the error.

Changing to php 7.4 did not fix the issue. I am not able to use this plugin or the $250 extension I purchased.

<b style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000;”>Parse error</b><span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-size: medium;”>: syntax error, unexpected token “\” in </span><b style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000;”>/home/makeitasafehome/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/module/text/SLP_Text.php</b><span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-size: medium;”> on line </span><b style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000;”>239</b>

Please advise on what I should do.

Cici
    Keymaster

Jason,

I believe you sent an email to support.

As mentioned in above posts the SLP plug-in does work on PHP 7.4. You did not purchase older versions but have recently purchased the latest version.

browsers will not open the url you provided   because it is not secure. You need to follow the guidelines for correctly migrating your site and/or obtaining an updated SSL.

The SLP plug-in works with PHP 7.4.
    Deactivate all plug-ins before activating SLP. Follow these directions
    You should be using a dev or clone site to update and test. 

Cici
    Keymaster

@jasonfarran

I double checked your site and it appears you have now loaded , updated and activated the latest version of SLP . Let us know if you have any other questions.  Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

@Peter

Can you double check this. Lance said he had fixed the Issue with PhP 8  — there was a comment line that PHP8 didn’t like.  That has been addressed.

Cici
    Keymaster

@Charlie

That text line and the issue with PhP 8 has been addressed. let us know if you see anything when you update to PHP 8

Lulu Tupper
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I just installed the latest 5.12.3 plugin version and tested a PHP 8.0 upgrade and am receiving a “There has been a critical error on your website” message when attempting to view the site. When I checked the site error logs, I’m getting the following:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token “\\” in …/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/module/text/SLP_Text.php on line 239

Cici
    Keymaster

@Lulu 

Can you restore to PHP 7.4 and see if that is the issue once again. I have addressed this with the developer. They have been working on various coding with the plug-in to get it delisted in WP and I want to. see if the PHP version is an issue again. Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

@Lulu 

Can you restore to PHP 7.4 and see if that is the issue once again. I have addressed this with the developer. They have been working on various coding with the plug-in to get it delisted in WP and I want to. see if the PHP version is an issue again. Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

If anyone wants to help us do a final test of SLP 5.13 let us know. It should fix PHP 8 and also be compliant with the WordPress action list. ONLY IF YOU CAN TEST ON A DEV OR TEST SITE.

Not yet ready for Prime time.

Let’s make a deal.  Test for us and we will offer you Power or EXP add-on .

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Version 5.12.4 is available for download/install.  If anyone needs the install file and cannot access it from your account let us know

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.