Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Export of Locations does not work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

When choosing “Export, Download CSV” from the Bulk Actions dropdown, then clicking on Apply (I’ve also tried To All), the site churns for several seconds, the page reloads, and… nothing. No file is downloaded.

Tried using Chrome and Safari. This feature worked previously today on this website, on this Mac, using Chrome.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin

The browser used does not matter at all with exports. It is not browser depenedent

There are a few other things that are involved when exporting and if it suddenly stopped working.

The Troubleshooting exports explains in more depth, your Web processor, your server size, are you on a shared hosting site such as go daddy etc.

Kevin
    Participant

You can see by the Plugin Environment attached that we meet or exceed all of the memory and process requirements. And we’re on a dedicated server with WP Engine, so I don’t think we’re hitting any resource limitations when trying to export 3,140 locations.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

With that many locations exporting, You should export to hosted CSV because the site is clearly timing out. WP has limits and WPE definitely sets a PHP process limit
    If you are on a dedicated server you SHOULD be able to login and edit your php.ini file to change the default timeout (usually 30s) to something a lot longer.
    it is definitely a server issue — the developer exports 10,000+ locations multiple times/year and it still worked for us.

if you read the troubleshooting export article here

it explains in detail suggested changes on your end to assist you. EX” Have you tried changing the PHP ini file? As mentioned it could take 5 minutes for large datasets to export
    ALso WordPress has a wp-config.php file and various define set within the main code that set limits on how much memory can be consumed by a single WordPress session. This will override the PHP memory limits and should be checked. Many larger applications, especially ecommerce applications, require you to edit this setting to change the default value. Store Locator Plus consumes little additional memory per exported location, however the aforementioned memory leaks in some environments can be an problem for this setting.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S When posting in forums could you post in one forum or the other. i look at both forums so you only need to post in one or the other.The other plugin and forum users do not answer the questions very often so there is no advantage to posting in both forums. plus if you provided your plugin environment in one forum and not the other, I do not always relate one to the other and need to go back and forth. It will save us both some time
    thx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Export of Locations does not work’ is closed to new replies.