Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Export of Locations does not work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

When choosing “Export, Download CSV” from the Bulk Actions dropdown, then clicking on Apply (I’ve also tried To All), the site churns for several seconds, the page reloads, and… nothing. No file is downloaded.

Tried using Chrome and Safari. This feature worked previously today on this website, on this Mac, using Chrome.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Cici.
    Cici
    Keymaster

What have you done differently that makes it “not work” today as opposed to another day, have you done updates etc?

Please review the Forum posting guidelines and provide the information requested, i,e plugin environment that shows us what you have for SLP products and versions of WP, PHP, site url etc , screenshot is best

Kevin
    Participant

Attached is the plugin environment.

It quit working within an hour or two; I was able to export, then an hour or two later, it wouldn’t work anymore.

I believe I added the Janitor and Premier add-ons during that time. I have tried deactivating all SLP add-ons and it still doesn’t work.

(I have a more urgent problem in that users cannot search at this point. I reported that problem on both the Premier and the normal forums:  https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/page-reloads-when-trying-to-search-instead-of-showing-results/.  Any help with either of these problems is greatly appreciated!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks Kevin, Got it. I just tested the export on my site and it worked correctly, Did you export to csv file?
    You need to have Power activated to export.

If it worked before and suddenly stopped, how many locations were you exporting / Was it a large list?

See Troubleshooting exports

Otherwise maybe you can use the WP Debugger to narrow it down a bit.

Did you make sure you have a back-up of your site before updating? It would be great if we knew if it worked on previous versions and not now….so we know whether we need to have the developer look into the recent update of SLP to 5.2.8 and power

Kevin
    Participant

I installed SLP plus Experience, Power, Janitor, and Premier add-ons all this week. The same day I installed, I was able to do an export of the locations (3,140). But when I tried later (as explained above), it didn’t work. I didn’t update the plugin during that timeframe.

But I’m not sure that Premier is really working properly… I see the message “License for user subscripton [sic] is not in a valid format.” on General | Admin under “Premier Subscription” (see attachment). But it shows up on the Info page under Plugin Environment (see other attachment).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Please stick to the Premier forum .

I have no visibility into your back end. We only have that visibility for our MYSLP customers so I do not know where you are pasting your info.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin, I will close this post and you can post in Premier if you continue to have issues. In my meeting with the developer the other day we spoke about server capacities and platforms,. Your issue came up.

You stated ” The same day I installed, I was able to do an export of the locations (3,140). But when I tried later (as explained above), it didn’t work”

That indicates that your server/ processor is timing out

As indicated under the troubleshooting exports

We have a client that exports thousands of locations with extensive data tables and it takes less then a minute.
    Nearly all production servers set a fixed amount of time that a program is allowed to use up in CPU resources. (This article that Lance wrote explains in agonizing technical detail, it refers to imports and older PHP but applies to exports as well)

Lance mentioned that WPENGINE is not the most robust hosting platform. They are pretty weak for larger sites , there are better alternatives out there. But thats beyond our support mantra.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Cici.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Export of Locations does not work’ is closed to new replies.