Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Export CSV – Where does it go?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

My Export As CSV function appears to work, but once it appears to be finished, I can’t find the CSV file anywhere on my computer

Is there a function for selecting where the CSV file goes, or can you tell me where I can find it, please?

I’m clearly not a developer – Just a business owner, trying to learn as I go.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hello John,

The way I find the files are by searching under my downloads folder and then I search by date. Where your downloads go are entirely dependent on how you have set up your own directory on your computer. There is usually a “Downloads” file in your folders. You can then open (upload) the downloaded file in Google sheets and make any changes necessary.

I do not know what type of computer or version, if it is Microsoft based or a MAC, on my computer it is always on the side menu. Sometimes you can see it appear briefly on the bottom of your screen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John
    Participant

Hi Cici and thanks for responding!

My Downloads folder is exactly where I was looking for the CSV file – But nothing is showing up there

It looks like it’s generating a file, then stops with no indications like “File Complete” or anything else And again, when I look in my Downloads folder – Nothing shows up.

I haven’t done anything to actively select a different destination for downloaded files

I’m using a PC with Windows 10

This is just very frustrating…

Cici
    Keymaster

Yes I can imagine it is frustrating. What versions are you using of SLP and add-ons? There were patches especially for people running lower versions of PHP and also the way WP changed data queries.

Could you provide your plugin environment. This will show versions of not only SLP and add-ons but also WP and PHP.

Some of the issues with large lists were addressed with latest releases of Power. See under News

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/news/

If your server is under powered and you are exporting a large list, be sure you have updated to current versions. Troubleshooting Exports docs.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/troubleshooting-large-scale-exports/

Review the Export documentation especially if you are exporting a large list.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/how-to-export-locations-to-csv-file/

Cici
    Keymaster

A little more information, suggestions (much of it is also in documentation site) ,
    If you are getting a partial export, then your server is stopping before it can finish. You need to increase the PHP execution time. SLP tries to do that at runtime set to 600 seconds , which is enough time to export 250,000 locations on a typical server. However most hosting companies DO NOT allow it to be set by a program so if that is the situation in your case you may need to ask your hosting company to change it for you

Either that or select which records to export with the checkboxes and do it in smaller increments. It is very much related to your site configuration.

John
    Participant

Both really HIGH QUALITY responses, Cici – Thanks very much!!!

Based on your comment above and the behavior I’m noticing when I try to do the export, I have a suspicion that the server is stopping the download. I’ll contact my hosting company and see if they can help resolve the situation.

As for the comments in your first response, I’ll need a little coaching to figure out what my “plugin environment” is. I have phone tech support from WP live, so I’ll get on the horn with them, show them your comments and see if I can get them to help me respond properly.

Thanks again!!!
    Johnny

Cici
    Keymaster

No problem. as for the plugin environment, that question for our purposes is for the Store locator Plus plugin environment.

To see the info, click on Store Locator Plus in your WP admin panel on your site. Under Info tab you will see :plugin environment”

The screen looks like attached.

Reference under documentation.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/info-tab-plugin-environment/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

John,
    If you haven’t had a chance and would like to help boost our presence and positive feedback on WP, WordPress Store Locator Plus based on the plug-in and/or the support you have received. A ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org improves our site presence . If you do not feel the plug-in warrants 4 or 5 stars please reach out to us via the form in the Contact Us, link and let us know how we can improve.

I would really appreciate it. As a Premier customer, you may join our Slack channel where the developer can answer questions when he is available. You can request an invite also through same support email.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/store-locator-le/reviews/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.