Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Does importing remove stores if they are not on the new import

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kpyles
    Participant

I was provided with a CSV file and asked to update the dealers in SLP, it has about 2800 listings on it. There are many new ones and there are also many that are no longer dealers that need to be removed.

I have not used the import function and I cannot find out whether importing a new csv will wipe the data that is there or update it. If updating, will it remove those listings that are not in the new CSV? If not is there a way to remove the old database and then import the new one?

Thanks
    Kevin

Cici
    Keymaster

Importing does not “remove stores”  There is a function under locations bulk actions called delete permanently.

You should make sure you have a back up of your site.

You can export your locations download to a csv file. (Some docs, about large exports configuration etc  and export to csv file)

You can them delete.   You do not show us your plugin environment so I do not know if you have the Power add-on.  You need the Power add-on to export/import

You can make changes  and under the import function choose how to handle duplicate . Review the notes on the sl_id column. You should not use that  header on reimports unless you are using exact same sl_id  in the locations  datainfo)

here is the documentation about Duplicate handling.

kpyles
    Participant

Thanks for reply.

The site does have the Power Plugin. Since I do not know what locations would need to be deleted I ended up having to delete all locations with the Bulk Delete function and then re-importing the new CSV. It wasn’t as painful as I feared.

Thanks
    Kevin

Cici
    Keymaster

Glad it worked out for you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.