Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Discrete country filter not applied

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CHRISTIN SIMON
    Participant

Good day

We are using the store locator plugin with most of the add-on for showing the retailers of our brand, in multiple website.
    You can see the live version of the one with problem here : https://www.franckherval.com/fr/points-de-vente/

Mostly it’s working fine for our retailers in France, but we got a case where an incorrect data is returned for a retailer in Belgium.

The search form is defined with a country selector in mode Dropdown, Discrete filter, and the address entry field.
    – When searching for the address “spa”, with the country “Belgium” selected, no result is returned.
    – When searching for the address “spa, Belgium”, with the country “Belgium” selected, the correct results are returned with the retailer in the city of Spa displayed first.

We don’t want to go to the mode “Dropdown, Discrete + Adress Input” for the country selector, which make the input more confusing for the client in my point of view, but in what I understood from the documentation there (https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/store-locator-plus-discrete-searches/), the filter of the country should normally be applied to the search without the need of manual input.

What do you suggest for that case, to achieve the proper search result with the simplest input of search from the client.

Thanks

You can find attached the plugin environnement of our production website.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hmm, Let me look into it , I had a similar question in the regular forum.

My versions of the Plugin and add-ons are current (4.9 and higher) so Im not sure how to go about testing with your versions.

Are you using the categories functionality at all? Or just countries?

We are aware that people were hesitant about updating WP and plugins,wp changed the way data queries were handled. Also if you update WP you will probably need to update Woocommerce etc.

I did see some errors on your site page when viewing with the developer tool in Chrome

Is the site url you provided a dev site?

Cici
    Keymaster

Christin, looking at your site I am seeing AJAX-Admin forbidden 403. It has been locked down on your site for security reasons, this can adversely effect how SLP runs, if an AJAX-php error stops loading parts of your site, there is no telling when the search will fire off or stop in its tracks. This can cause tons of plugins besides SLP to not work properly.

This might not be the issue in your case, but there are a lot of errors on your site and invalid DOM warnings.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

You can also have a dropdown for city in the search form or have Widgets..there are a number of ways to do this, with widgets you can also have it open on another page that shows just that country.

When I searched your site with Belgium for the country and SPA for address I did not see any results. When I just searched Belgium without inputting a city in address field there were results but none appeared to be in SPA. If you have a properly formatted location with correct geocode for a location in Spa (I would check any of those locations in your locations management to make sure Google has the correct lat/long and you see the inset of the Map and it is correct)..then make sure your Settings/Results/radius to search is a large enough number, especially if you have selected a center map at that is international and you have many countries.

CHRISTIN SIMON
    Participant

I didn’t see the case of Forbidden on admin ajax, but that could be related to other plugins, we have several part of the page which are loaded that way.

Regarding the search, the way we want to implement it is a drop down for the country, and a text input from the user for city or more precise address. That city will not necessarily have a location found, and so the nearby location will be returned. We use the radius to limit the results, because our client will not do so many kilometer from their place to find a shop.

I tried your test of search with country belgium and no address input. The first page display well some location, it doesn’t include the one in Spa, but that’s normal since the radius is not defined to show all the location of a country in one result.

The problem is in fact when searching for the specific city (more precise than just country search), it doesn’t show the correct location. The center map returned is in fact a “Hotel and Spa” somewhere in France. That’s why I think it’s a geocoding bug (confusion between the name of the city and the standard word for spa).
    The location is returned only when searching for the string “Spa Belgium”, so that’s why I think the country dropdown is not well used in the search process.

You can find attached the data of the specific location which is creating that problem. there is a latitude longitude that we imported from another of our system, and the map display in the proper place.
    You can also see it in the Page which is generated for that location on that link.
    https://www.franckherval.com/fr/boutiques/lily-rose-spa/

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

When I added the new location to my site with address as Place Verte 21, Spa Belgium postal code 4900, google came back with a different LAT/Long then what you are showing.

So I then just went direct to Google Maps , not usingSLP plug in and added address Place Verte 21, SPA belgium and got the same results
    the lat long as shown here https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Place+Verte+21,+4900+Spa,+Belgium//@50.4908973,5.8589588

When I add your Latitude and Longtitude using any browser it comes back as the Hotel r…your Lat and longtitude is incorrect

I dont know what changed but your import of that lat and long is not correct according to Google (I even tried using Bing Maps) since the plugin is based on Google Maps , you need to correct the lat and long.

Try that and let me know how it works for you.

P.S is there a reason you haven’t updated your WP Plugins? The error messages I are many.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.