Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Different style/layout for desktop & mobile website visitors?

Tagged: , , ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Cici.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rhian
    Participant

Hi,

just as the title suggests, is it possible to have different styles, depending on what window size the user is using?

I am currently using a style with search and results on the left and map on the right. Trying to use the map with a mobile becomes very difficuly as everything goes incredibly narrow. I would like to use a style that has the search above the map and now reslts list, or maybe a results list in a scrollable list (so it isnt endlessly long) – similar to the style “Hidden Results”.

I don’t mind creating the style myself and I do know that I can change the boxes around via the Locator Layout box enabled by the Pro Pack  in Experience – View in the settings but I am not sure how to implement this so that it depends on the screen size.

Or am I wanting something impossible?

I have everything up to date and have the following add-ons:

Pro Pack

Tagalong

Enhanced Results (Legacy)

Enhanced Search (Legacy)

Social Media Extender

Cici
    Keymaster

There are examples of styles here.

You might also want to look at the demo site or the customer screen shots to see the various styles that work best for responsive design.

Rhian
    Participant

Hi cici,

thanks for the quick reply. I understand that there are different styles and have already chosen the two I want to use. However, my question was not what styles I can use, but rather if I can use two styles at the same time, one for mobile users and one for desktop. Somehow there must be a way to do this, right?

i’d be grateful if you could explain the process to me.

Cici
    Keymaster

Oh I see,

Yes, with caveats it can be different i.e.  per page style with shortcodes

Scroll down on the page link above  in that section of Documentation .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.