Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Description field not showing on results for locations added after update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kalmarnet
    Participant

I believe this issue started after the latest update.

The contents of the description field is not displaying in search results for locations added after the update.

The description does show for locations added prior to the update.

In all cases, the description shows in the backend.

Thank you

Cici
    Keymaster

In order to assist you I need information about your SLP Plug-in environment  found under the Info tab and the url that is causing issues.  Please refer to the Forum Posting guidelines

If you recently updated  WordPress to version 5.6, note the update was a major release and broke son Themes and other plug-ins. I have tested my site and the following works;

If you have the experience add-on under Settings/Results  you can add or modify the layouts for results, search or map add this

<span class=”slp_result_description”> [slp_location description raw]</span>[html br ifset description]</span>

Cici
    Keymaster

Since we have not received the info needed to assist you we assume you have resolved.

kalmarnet
    Participant

I have submitted 6 replies but they are not posting

Cici
    Keymaster

obviously you are able to post if you posted this “not able to post above” .  I cannot help you without yur plugin information

Cici
    Keymaster

Make sure you are not attaching a large file .

kalmarnet
    Participant

Please check moderation. I keep submitting replies that do not post. When I tried to submit same post immediately I get message “Error: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that.” So I believe they are getting submitted but just not showing up. They are just text messages, no image.

kalmarnet
    Participant

Just trying to submit environment but it wont post

kalmarnet
    Participant

I have narrowed the issue down. There used to be a tags field in the editor window. The tags field is displaying in the results but I have no way to add new ones. In addition, the description field does not show up in the results. Environment wont post.

kalmarnet
    Participant

If this posts then the colon character was preventing it from posting before.

Store Locator Plus-5.5.15

Site URL-rainbowatticstair.com

This Info Cached-1608581796

Network Active-No

WordPress Version-5.6

PHP Version-7.2.34

MySQL Version-5.5.5

PHP Limit-256M

WordPress General Limit-40M

WordPress Admin Limit-256M

PHP Peak RAM-10 MB

PHP Post Max Size-32M

Cici
    Keymaster

I did not see anything in the results wrapper for a description field.  If this is your site url https://rainbowatticstair.com/where-buy/?state=AL

See Docs Appearance and Layouts

And how to customize your style

You may need to alter the results layout and add the description field

(altering the layout requires the Experience add-on)

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. I did not see any issues under theWP/topics or in the forum moderation. Since WP updated (again) a lot of changes were made to styling.  I do not doubt BB press changed too. I will check to make sure that BB press has been updated to work with WP.

There is an update for SLP to 5.6 but it will not correct your issue i.e description field. I checked various plug-in styles and do not see the description field as automatically filling in. You would need to add the Experience add-on to change and add that line to the results wrapper as it currently stands. I am not sure when or if that changed with the gallery styles. There have been so many updates to WP and SLP over the years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.