Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Description field not showing on results anymore.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Christoph
    Participant

Hello

We have your free Plugin Store Locator Plus Version 4.7.9 installed (with the latest WordPress version). On the results page under the map, we could display – beside the other fields – the description field (which can be filled when build a new location). I could position the fields in the file includes/class.slplus.php (with the code [html br ifset description]). Since one of the latest versions, I cannot find this file anymore, and therefore don’t know, how to display this field.

Thank you for a feedback and best regards
    Christoph

Cici
    Keymaster

To change the Layouts/Appearance of the results, search, elements, map, requires the Experience Add-on.  You haven’t shown me your  Plugin Environment for whichever site you created  it for,  but if you were writing CSS, assume perhaps you had either proPack or Enhanced Results.  Or perhaps you had a different theme?

The free  Plugin never allowed for  results layout manipulation without an add-on, unless you were doing it outside of SLP.

Please provide the info requested in the Posting guidelines if you need additional assistance

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/read-this-before-posting/

Christoph
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback and the clarification. So it looks like we have to buy the Experience Add-on (we never used a payed Add-on till now). For that I have a little presale question: I saw in the Experience video, that there is a $250 sign-up fee, and for every new year it is $25. Are we allowed to use the add-on on several websites, or how are the rules here?

Thanks for a feedback and best regards.

Cici
    Keymaster

No it is only $250, it should not be shown as having a subscription any longer.  If it has reverted back it might be WOO that did some funky changes in their last up date

Perhaps I misunderstood your questions, were  you writing your own Css or html within your site page or theme?

You can still do that if you are experienced in coding. The Experience add-on is less work intensive and allows for additional features, functionality , versatility and flexibility.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, Ignore the wording in the video, now I see where you saw the subscription. We will shoot a new video at some point. thx.

Christoph
    Participant

Hello Cici

Yes, back then I was editing the class.slplus.php file to have the results the way I wanted it (with the description field I added). But I recognized that this code was somehow moved to the database now.

So I am not sure about the prize yet. You say it is $250. So it is $250 every year, or what is the reneval prize after the first year? And my second question is: We want to use the plugin on different websites of the same company (not multisites, but about 4 individual wordpress websites). Is there a discount for this, or is it every time the $250 (which would probably be too much for my customer, just to have the description field showing)?

Thanks and best regards
    Christoph

Cici
    Keymaster

Just one time purchase, $250 once per business. To have unlimited access and more, for more then one site, I suggest the Premier subscription which provides you with all the add-ons and exclusive features only available for Premier members plus access to Premier Plugin styles and designs, (we also offer special request map styles that will be added for Premier customers and access to the SLACK channel as well as first tier support).

There are You tube videos published with each update and that can provide you with useful tips and hints.  The latest Premier info for instance and more here under NEWS.

The 4.7.9 update focuses on bringing the new Premier URL Control module functionality to the locator application.  The URL Control module adds two new features to the Store Locator Plus application: passing in a location ID via a URL and passing in location limits via URL.    These features can be enabled or disabled globally on a per-site basis.

Christoph
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback and sorry if I am asking again, because i am still not sure about the pricing of the Experience add on (the costs for the Premier subscription are clear to me).

I understand, that it is 4 times the $250 (for 4 individual sites). But how are future updates of this add on handled? Are they free (once the addon is bought) for all coming years, or are there additional costs?

Thanks for a short feedback and best regards
    Christoph

Cici
    Keymaster

Future Updates to the Experience add-on are included in the price of $250

Cici
    Keymaster

Contact Support about pricing  if you have any other questions. Each case may be different. for instance you mention 4 different websites but same company.  I would venture to guess some of the features and functionality may be useful for them with premier, but since I’m not sure they type of client base I cannot advise ,the forum isn’t the best place to get answers about pricing mechanism. I don’t want others to quote this post 4 years from now and say hey…: but you said….”

Christoph
    Participant

I understand that. Thanks for the feedback, now the pricing is clear for me and I will pass the information to my customer. You can close or delete this topic.

Best regards
    Christoph

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know. Good luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Description field not showing on results anymore.’ is closed to new replies.