Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Database tables Not Created upon Activating Plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rod2
    Participant

Hello, From what LiquidWeb Hosting support is telling me, Your tables are not being created upon activating plugin. Please help, Its using Mariadb 10.1 which is backwards compatible with all MYSQL. Plugin is there, we can not add locations.

Here is the main Log error.

[31-Jul-2018 19:19:34 UTC] WordPress database error Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes. for query CREATE TABLE wp_slp_extendo_meta (
    id mediumint(8) unsigned not null auto_increment,
    field_id varchar(15),
    label varchar(250),
    slug varchar(250),
    type varchar(55),
    options text,
    PRIMARY KEY (id),
    KEY field_id (field_id),
    KEY label (label),
    KEY slug (slug)

Please Help. Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

What version of SLP were you installing? What are your PHP and other settings? Version of WP? Are you using Extended Data Manager (EDM) by any chance? It should not be a problem unless something went wrong during data migration.

None of the columns you are showing would create an index that is too large.

MariaDB is irrelevant. The developer responded “I’ve been using that in development for years.”

Have no idea what is causing the issue on your site. We have not had a problem like this reported. Did you use them to migrate your site? If so they should have created a full site back-up for you. Not sure what else to point you to for resolution.

Rod2
    Participant

What version of SLP were you installing? Version 4.9.18

What are your PHP and other settings? Version of WP? Are you using Extended Data Manager (EDM) by any chance?

Operating System: Linux

Server IP: 10.30.212.211

Server Hostame: php-v201.wc1.lan3.stabletransit.com

Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1

Server Web Port: 80

PHP Version: 7.2.2-1+0~20180205160612.18+jessie~1.gbpb78b58

MySQL Version: 5.5.5-10.1.26-MariaDB-1~jessie

CGI Version: CGI/1.1

WordPress Info: Version 4.9.8,

Database Charset: utf8
    WordPress Memory Limit: 512M

It should not be a problem unless something went wrong during data migration.

We are not doing a Migration – This is a new install with wanting to add new locations either by one by one or csv import.

None of the columns you are showing would create an index that is too large.

MariaDB is irrelevant. The developer responded “I’ve been using that in development for years.” Ok – Great!!

Have no idea what is causing the issue on your site. We have not had a problem like this reported. This is the reason I am checking with support. We have installed on a different host and it installs fine, however, I need to keep client with my 100’s of other clients here at LiquidWeb.

Did you use them to migrate your site? NO, Brand New Install, and we are building a new site here – No Migrating is being done.

If so they should have created a full site back-up for you. Not sure what else to point you to for resolution.

Well, If you would like I can create Private WP/DB Creds for your team to look. – Please note we (meaning, myself and the hosting support techs) have created another WP Instance at this host and we are getting the same results in the log and no db tables created.

Cici
    Keymaster

Thank you for your response Rod.

The developer/author is out of the country this week so he will not have his development tool box to review and he has two large consulting projects he is working on so he wont have the time available to look into your unique situation..

If it installs fine on other hosts I am not sure he will get into this specific situation , i.e with LiquidWeb, unfortunately I am not technical enough to offer a solution, sorry about that.

I will mention this post to him, he may be curious, if he does want to take a look he can reach out to you.   But he does  not customarily log into any ones site without a retainer agreement for something like this. cybersprocket retainers

(Ignore the booked until end of July, it is actually out to end of September I believe, you would have to  use the contact form to ask after you review the plans)

you have provided some useful information so we appreciate it.the effort and info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.