Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus csv – Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reason

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    twakabayashi
    Participant

Since last week, we are no longer able to import .csv files to populate our pages.

This is a problem for all of our pages.

We have tried both:

CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited)

and

CSV (Comma delimited)

Has something changed?

The following is our current activated plugins versions.

Store Locator Plus – Version 5.0

Store Locator Plus® – Power – Version 5.0

Store Locator Plus™ – Experience – Version 4.9.17

WP All Export – Version 1.2.2

WP Google Maps – Version 7.10.53

WP Super Cache – Version 1.6.4

Any guidance you may provide will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ted

Cici
    Keymaster

Yes, we have reported the issue to the developer and to WordPress. WordPress has auto updated any sites that allowed it and as a resut they added an extra layer of security that has broken Power import function.

The short term answer right now — ROLL BACK TO WP 4.9.8 or earlier and disable auto-update.     Restore your backup before WordPress did this major update and screwed many plugins and themes

You will need your skilled It person to disable that WP auto update  feature.  It requires some skill  in editing the wp-config.php file or knowing how to build a theme. Otherwise WordPress will restore and it will be back to 4.9.9 in 12 hours or less and create the whole issue over again

Since the WordPress release our developer will need to do a major rewrite of Power add-on . I do not know the ETA for  the fix atm.

P.S> Our MYSLP fully managed customers are not effected because we manage the software and did not allow the “auto update” from WP  to occur.  It did however break our auto load direct from WordPress SLP into MYLP which was a very cool feature for people who wanted to switch over and not deal with the Google API fiasco.

Cici
    Keymaster

WordPress has introduced a major bug and defect. The core tracker has this report as a bug and it is effecting a LOT of people and a lot of Plugins…WP has it in for bug fix I guess,,,but not until version 5.03

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45615

twakabayashi
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for your response and all of the information.

Regards,

Ted

Cici
    Keymaster

Ted,

Lance has written an extensive article and a work around (for experienced developers or site administrators to try .  Please make sure if you follow the work around you have the required admin tools and knowledge  before attempting..

Hope it works out and that WP gets on the ball.  You should also write to WordPress, the squeaky wheel, we are hoping that the more people who complain to them about there craziness the better and quicker for them to thoroughly test and get it right before they auto update 3 million sites.

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/wordpress-4-9-9-file-type-not-permitted-workaround/

twakabayashi
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for your continuous support.

I will review the work around.  We do not have a full time dedicated administrator/developer for our Store Locator.

And yes, I will reach out to WordPress and inform them of our displeasure with their sub-standard code implementation practices.

-Ted

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Ted,

well WordPress has auto updated yet again, fixing 73 errors!. They auto updated everyone to 5.02.  Our read into the reported bugs that effect uploads and imports  indicates  they will fix the Broken “wont recognize text/plain and  will   limit text/csv type files  pending  WP 5.03.  No ETA of when that will happen.

Here is the core tracker

Now it appears that their auto update version 5.02 has broken the way WooCommerce displays orders and dates. If WP latest update broke WooCommerce  further there will be a LOT of very irate customers .   5.0.2 update  fixes

twakabayashi
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Again, thank you very much for the updates.

Regards,

Ted

Cici
    Keymaster

Ted,

Update: Lance hopes to have a patch to SLP and Power  available this weekend. The patch will  allow SLP users to import again without having to wait for WP  version 5.03 or 5.1…check available  versions this weekend and subscribe to the SLP news announcement.

twakabayashi
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for the update.

I have two questions:

1.) How do I subscribe to the SLP News Announcement?  Can you provide the link to me please?

2.) Since our site was recently compromised by malware, many of our files were quarantined.  We are interested in deleting everything and starting from new.

Is this something you can assist with?

I have a contact at our hosting company, but they may only help with deleting everything.  They may not help with the rebuild.

Please advise on how to start building our site new from the beginning.

Thank you.

Ted

Cici
    Keymaster

1) The latest news is always shown under the SLP INFO tab  and the SLP social media connection is on bottom right of the page.

2) You have a Back up from someone like JetPack or Vault press  right?  we do not have  access to anyone’s WPSLP sites nor their data . there is no way for us to assist with that   If you were on MYSLP yes we could help since we manage the locator software and  have access to our customers back end and we have backups ongoing.

The Power updated version  to fix the import csv files has been published

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dave13
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thank you for providing an update. We’ve updated the Power plugin, but are still getting the “sorry, this file type is not permitted….” message. Any special tips. or advice?

Do I need to check server settings?

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

You updated both SLP and Power to latest versions?

Cici
    Keymaster

I am checking with the developer, I may have jumped the gun. I thought SLP and Power version 5.1 was already published. It is still in testing. The develop[er did not want to release during holidays and make things worse.

dave13
    Participant

Thank you!

Cici
    Keymaster

he thought it would be simple to  fix and include with the WPSLP base plugin, but it appears  you will need to utilize the work around as he suggested or add it to the long list of  bug reports/ complaints to WordPress, maybe the more squeaks…

WP did not fix it in version 5.9.2..Milestone changed from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 according to WP bug tracker.

It is still out there in WP land

The SLP news article is not updated other then to say the WP fix didnt fix anything with the import csv file

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/file-type-is-not-permitted-wordpress-4-9-9-and-5-0-1/

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.