Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus CSV File Is Not Uploading to Locations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

I recently purchased the Power add-on for bulk uploading locations, but when I try to upload a .csv file on to our staging site (760 lines), the file sticks at 0% loading.  The file is showing in the Media Library and I’ve contacted our web hosting company to verify that wp-cron.php isn’t being blocked.  I don’t have any messages on the Load page and I’ve tried it with and without the Skip Geocoding option.  Any suggestions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your plugin Environment under the info tab.

Here are some more suggestions about Troubleshooting Imports,

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/q-how-does-store-locator-plus-handle-large-location-list-imports/

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/troubleshooting-large-scale-exports/

The csv file formats, make sure they are correct. I believe you are familiar with that but if you are using  Microsoft excel to convert to csv file, just make sure the csv file is readable. if you want to send me a partial example with first few lines (not all 760 lines) I will test on my test site to ensure correct format used.

Example CSV file

Note;

Delete ProPack if you still have that installed, it should have been deactivated when you uploaded Power if you were using it on same site. it  shouldnt effect the imports anyway, it is just a note

Chris
    Participant

Thanks for the help Cici!  I don’t have ProPack.  I’ve attached a screenshot of the plugin environment and a sample of the .csv.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, Your CSV file is fine and it loaded into my test site  quickly.

So I am wondering if it is your browser timing out or the server not communicating, an overzealous security measure?

do you have a Google API browser key on your staging site?

Chris
    Participant

Thanks, Cici.  I do have a Google API.  I’m going to have our IT team see if it’s a server issue.

Chris
    Participant

The answer was overzealous security.  Our test site has an extra layer of protection that was preventing the file from uploading.  I was able to upload it directly to our production site.

Cici
    Keymaster

Awesome, Thanks for letting us know Chris!  If you found our support helpful and wouldn’t mind leaving a great rating under the WP Store Locator Plus reviews I would surely appreciate it!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Cici.
    Franklin Ortega
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue, the csv is not uploading whatsoever. Could you check our csv to see if is uploading correctly.

Franklin Ortega
    Participant

I’m not sure if you got the csv.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Franklin,

I am not sure what your plugin environment is etc.  It is always best to start a new post unless you are referring to the same site.  Chris had provided us with his plugin environment, I have no idea what versions etc you are using.  Your csv file looks fine.

Please start a new post if you need further assistance and follow the posting guidelines, i,.e provide plugin environment

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.