Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support center_map_at not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m capturing a zip/postal as a URL parameter, which I’m then using in the template inside of a do_shortcode. However, the map on the page does not update to reflect the new value for center_map_at.

To test even more, I used the sample values from the documentation:

$shortcode = ‘[SLPLUS center_map_at=”Pasadena CA 91106″]’;
    echo do_shortcode( $shortcode );

No matter what I do, the map will not accept the center_map_at value. No JS errors. No Google Map errors in the console. Always defaults to centering at SLP > Experience > Map > At Startup.”Force Load Javascript” is disabled.

Running out of ideas. Help?

Cici
    Keymaster

Please update to 4.7.3 if you havent already

When helping another customer, Lance found a bug. i.e.  If you have a location where the longitude coordinate for center map happens to start with -10* , like -106.6* for something like Albuquerque, NM…. then the calculation is not run. Turns out there was a typo in the regular expression to test the valid longitude where a [0-9] was entered as [1-9] for the 2nd digit.

We have not released the latest post of the update  with the  change log as yet but you can check it out here

John
    Participant

Hey Cici!

Thank you for your quick response. I had not upgraded, but now have, and the issue persists. Test location lat/long does not match that scenario.

Any other info I can provide?

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Please provide your site url, or send it to support email if you cant share it here. (if it is for a specific customer, I cannot find any info from your order or your site)

Also please update ( I know, yet again) , you can pull the SLP 4.7.4 manually by forcing a WP update check or getting it from our site and doing a manual update.

WordPress can take up to 12 hours to notify sites an update is available.

There was a bug in 4.7.3, update to version 4.7.4. The bug  was , if you (or your customer) ever had old Legacy add-ons and then updated to the newer Power or Experience, for some reason the last update 4.7.3  exposed a latent bug that was deep within the code , and apparently some of the settings was reverting back to the Legacy settings. I do not know what you  or your customers had before, but update to 4.7.4.  Then go in and refresh your site.  if no fix, either provide site info here or email, or follow the Debugging instructions in Troubleshooting.

jrcornthwait
    Participant

Thanks, Cici! I updated again–no worries. Problem is still there. Will email link through the contact form and tag you and the forum post.

EDIT: I also realized I’m posting from an old account, and not the one with the premier subscription. Apologies! Have included correct info in email to verify.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, Thats why I couldn’t find you. Am answering email and when we resolve will post here too. BTW if there were ever any of the Legacy add-ons still in your WP plugins please delete them in their entirety.

Megan
    Participant

I am having the same exact problem on my site: http://www.earthworksaudio.com/where-to-buy-3/in-store/?addressInput=90210

Cici
    Keymaster

@Meghan

In order for us to assess and troubleshoot and assist, could you be specific,. I need your plugin environment. See posting guidelines

Cici
    Keymaster

MEGAN

you have this on your site it appears to be built into your theme and it is creating havoc with your site; It is totally overtaking SLP .

#sitemap

It has a default lat and long .

var default_lat = 44.968684;
    var default_lng = -93.215561;
    var default_radius = 10;
    var zoom_level = ’10’;
    var map_width = ‘100%’;
    var map_height = ‘350px’;
    var special_text = ”;
    var units = ‘mi’;
    var limit = ’20’;
    var plugin_url = ‘http://www.earthworksaudio.com/wp-content/plugins/simplemap’;p;

/*
    Theme Name: Light
    */

#simplemap {
    border: 1px solid #999;
    color: #000;
    }

#simplemap img {
    background: none !important;
    padding: none !important;
    max-width: none !important;
    max-height: none !important;
    border: none !important;
    }

#simplemap a {
    color: #00c;
    background: none;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

#simplemap a:hover {
    background: none;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

#powered_by_simplemap {
    font-size: 0.75em;
    text-align: right;
    color: #999;
    }

#powered_by_simplemap a {
    color: #999;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

#powered_by_simplemap a:hover {
    text-decoration: none;
    }

#searchForm {
    text-align: left;
    }

#searchForm input#addressInput {
    width: 250px;
    }

#searchForm input#addressSubmit {
    width: auto;
    }

#searchForm select {
    width: auto;
    }

#searchForm p {
    margin: 10px auto;
    }

#map_search label {
    float: left;
    }

#map_search .float_text_left {
    float: left;
    padding-right: 5px;
    }

#simplemap-updating {
    display:none;
    background:#fff;
    color:#000;
    vertical-align:middle;
    text-align:center;
    }

#simplemap-updating img {
    vertical-align:middle;
    text-align:center;
    }

Cici
    Keymaster

I cannot stress enough to EVERYONE. We need your PLUGIN ENVIRONMENT . Not everyone has Exact same configuration, themes, plugins, versions, add-ons, settings etc etc so glomming onto someone else s post is absolutely a waste of everyone’s time, especially if you do not see their versions, themes and site url posted.  Neither of the center map at posts have provided me with a screenshot of  your  SLP plugin environment, WP version, PHP, MYSQL all the info that is shown under the INFO /Plugin enviroment tab. That in the least is useful since it could be a simple version control issue.

Glomming and lack of information  makes is virtually impossible for me to figure out what is going on without spending countless hours researching your site.

Please anyone who is reading this, do not glom onto someone elses post by saying “me too” unless it is very generic. i.e example the bug that was reported from the base plugin SLP 4.7.3 and posted on the WP plugin directory support forum that showed the words add_on.  That is generic and we found the bug before anyone posted it by testing on my site as well.

there are thousands of settings in SLP and WP combinations

Please keep this in mind. It helps not just you but others who may read your post.

Also , as a reminder, we have paid support for individual site troubleshooting if you need additional help.  I am doing this non gratis so I appreciate those who follow the posting guidelines

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘center_map_at not working’ is closed to new replies.