Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support category can't delete.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

If we add category using power addons plugin then automatic duplicate category will created and if want to delete there is no any option for this.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Tyler.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Tyler, your screenshots are the same but not showing me your Plugin environment

Could you please provide a screenshot of your plugin environment? and what is the site url ?  Is this a live site or a staging site?

See posting guidelines.

But what your screenshots are showing me:
    Your check boxes are missing next to the categories. Something is messed up on your site.

This is confounding to me.

This is what the back end of my test site and what the categories screen looks like. See the check boxes next to each category?  Those you would check off to delete.

And there is a Bulk delete as well.

Also, curious did you use the import function to import your categories? and did you have a slug assigned?

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

There is something messing up your WordPress admin panel for those checkboxes to just disappear. It is either a bad plugin or your theme not following WP best practices.

i.e. it is messing up standard checkbox styling on the admin panel.

turn off other plugins one-by-one until the checkboxes come back

as a last resort set the theme to a WP standard like Twenty Seventeen.

If you still have issues see the Debug info from WordPress

Tyler
    Participant

Yes I have deactivate plugin one by one but nothing change. There is no option of checkbox , only show view option and if I add new category then there are create one duplicate category for all category. Please check in screenshot. Also this is my live website. https://strykerradios.com .

Attachments:
    Tyler
    Participant

Yes I have deactivate plugin one by one but nothing change. There is no option of checkbox , only show view option and if I add new category then there are create one duplicate category for all category. Please check in screenshot. Also this is my live website. https://strykerradios.com. Please solve this issue.

Cici
    Keymaster

Tyler,

You should create a staging site and only make changes to that site rather then mess up your live site. There are far too many variables to troubleshoot each and every plugin you have . Did you try to  change the theme to a standard WordPress theme? Something like twentyseventeen?.

Unfortunately we cannot fix something that is not broken in SLP. If you do not have a checkbox to delete categories, this is not an issue with Store locator Plus. If  the delete function was gone there would be a ton of people writing in about it.

You will need to find the underlying offending theme or plugin and write to the theme author or plugin author  that is creating the issue on your site.

In order to narrow it down , See debugging with WP debug.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S  In the future , please provide the info regarding , your SLP Plugin environment,. i.e it will show us  which versions you are using.   Without this information we cannot assist you. See the posting guidelines.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.