Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Can't get "center_map_at" shortcode to work

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fsondemonqui
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for such a great plugin.

I just purchased the Experience since I want to use the center_map_at shortcode.

Would you please give me some guidance as to what I’m doing wrong?

Please let me explain what I want to accomplish:

1. I will be creating several landing pages (each for a specific city) to drive visitors from our area.
    2. Use the center_map_at shortcode on each landing page.
    2. Add and display the map with our 5 business locations in the area
    3. Hide the search form (since the visitor already knows what city is the landing page for)
    4. I want to be able to click on “directions” link on a location and be directed from the city I established on the shortcode, not on the default map center address.

Is this possible?

So far, although I enter the shortcode value, no results show on the map.

I notice, that I would have to use the search form to enter the visitor’s address and be directed, but again, the visitor, already arrived at a landing page that states: “Ultrasound near Anaheim”, for example.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know.

You can see the landing page I’m talking about here:

http://heavenly3d4d.com/heavenly-3d-4d-ultrasound-in-your-area/3d-4d-ultrasound-in-asuza-california/

I look forward to hear from you.

Thanks very much.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide the Plugin environment etc . See Posting guidelines for assistance information . I can only answer in general terms otherwise.

Re:  Are you using css or some other plugin to determine the landing page? if so that  or your theme can be overriding some components of SLP. Normally Google determines directions based on your center map . On the page url you are referencing, all the directions are assuming starting point as Fortuna CA.  If your map panel setting is Fortuna, CA that could be the reason.

See  Layout short codes

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/map-panel-settings/

fsondemonqui
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response Cici.

I don’t know if using a theme (The7 theme) with a bundled plugin called “Visual Composer” would count as “using a plugin to determine the landing page”. The Visual composer plugin, is a drag and drop plugin that allows me to insert rows, columns, and shortcodes that make it easier for us to arrange a layout on a page.

On the panel setting I put: Fontana, CA (it is actually Fontana no Fortuna) a city close to one of our locations, because if I leave that center field empty, when I click on “directions” on any location I get no results, since the map is centered somewhere in Kansas, as your documentation states.

The issue is that the plugin doesn’t give me directions from the city I established in the shortcode, which is [SLPlLUS center_map_at=”Asuza CA”]

What can I do to try to fix it?

Please find attached the screenshot of the plugin environment.

I appreciate any input you an give.

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    fsondemonqui
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I was just able to find out the combination of settings that work!

I disabled the setting: “Force Load JavaScript” under General/ User Interface.

And I noticed that I had copied the shortcode from you website, and when I pasted it on the wordpress editor, I must have pasted it using the “visual” editor, not the “text editor” so it brought with it some styling code. So I just deleted the extra code and it now works!

Thanks for your help and your patience!

Best,

RJ

Cici
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know. Oops sorry about the mis directed city name. Ahhh, yes Force-load Javascript will change lots of things concerning SLP. I believe there is some documentation about that as well.

Really appreciate your thoughtful responses and reviewing the docs site and mentioning it. We often have users post questions without looking at the docs. And you are absolutely right. If you do not set a center at in the Map Panel, Google will assume Kansas is a good starting point. International sites often ask why they are not seeing locations. In those cases the radius and results settings must be very high unless they use the shortcodes with Experience the way you have, with a center map at shortcode on the landing page.

Thank you for sharing your resolution!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't get "center_map_at" shortcode to work’ is closed to new replies.