Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Can't activate SLPlus 4.43 – Fatal error

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Debbie
    Participant

The newest update from 4.4.3 to 4.4.34 caused WP to give a fatal error. I deactivated and attempted to reactivate, but cannot, because of the reported fatal error. I turned off all plugins and used the default theme and still could not activate. Following is the error message given, Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home2/bobbitt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le/include/class.handler.rest.php on line 84

Can you advise or provide a fix for this?

Environtment:

WP v 4.4.2
    Running add-ons Enhanced Search, Pro Pack and Tag Along all v 4.3

Location Map:

http://www.bobbitt.com/projects/by-location/

Debbie
    Participant

Update – I put the backup of the last version back on the server and activated it. The map is showing and working fine again, so there must be something in 4.4.34 that causes the fatal error (regardless of theme and without any other plugins). We are running the latest version of everything including WP and the Genesis framework – no updates available except for Store Locator Plus now.

Jason
    Participant

Also had to rollback my version because of the same fatal error.

I’m hosted on bluehost.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi All,

The issue is your PhP version is not high enough.  Lance is working on a  release 4.4.35 to allow for lower PhP  versions (which is not recommended by WordPress)…WP best Practices say you should be using PhP at least at 5.6….the older versions are not as secure and your site can more easily be hacked into.

Here is a link and a letter that WP   requests you  send  to your host.  A lot of these hosting companies (blue host and GoDaddy) have vested interest in keeeping their WP customers happy, they are frequent sponsors at WordCamp…so if they are not using the higher php environment, and you are using WordPress, this is a good opportunity to improve for a lot of WordPress users.

In the Future if you could follow the guidelines and post a screenshot of your Plugin environment  . This is a good example of why we ask for this. Something like your WP version, MySQL or php is important to help define the issue.

Since I run my test site at

MySQL Version:5.5.46

PHP Version:5.6.17

I do not experience any issues and this did not pop up when I tested 4.4.34 ditto with the developers testing..

Debbie
    Participant

That makes sense. I have run into this recently for some theme updates. Apparently hosts are not keeping up with minimum requirements and developers are learning the hard way. Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for not including the screen shot. My site was down on the first post, and then I forgot to send one after it was working again.

Thanks again for the fast support!

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Debbie and J
    The developer released 4.4.35 that should address your issue and allow users with lower php versions to carry om, please let us know if this fixes the issue for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't activate SLPlus 4.43 – Fatal error’ is closed to new replies.