Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Cannot change "Featured" option

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cici.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

Hi,
    There seems to be a bug with the “Featured” option on locations. I can change from not featured to featured. But when I want to stop featuring a location and remove the check to turn off the featured option it doesn’t work. When I save the change the box stays checked and the location is still featured. I have had to delete locations and re-add them to remove the option.

Current production environment info is below. I just updated my staging environment to 4.9.10 and still have the same issue.

Please tell me there’s an easier work-around to this. 🙂

Staging Environment:
    Store Locator Plus:4.9.10
    Experience:4.9.8
    Power:4.9.9
    Premier:4.9.8

Production Environment
    Store Locator Plus:4.9.6
    Experience:4.9.1
    Power:4.9.4
    Premier:4.9.7
    Site URL:https://tileroofing.org
    This Info Cached:0
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9.4
    PHP Version:5.6.31-4+wpengine10
    MySQL Version:5.6.39

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

We have a few new updates that lance has in Pre -release 4.9.11. beta that are being tested. As a premier subscriber you should be able to see them under Downloads under pre releases. If you could upload the new pre release and see if that bug is fixed. I have not checked his release notes as yet to see if that was addressed but he did say there was a bug in the Experience add-0n that he addressed.

Only Use them on your staging or test site, not your production site. There was a bug in the way the options and settings were being initialized.

Thank you for letting us know. If you do not see the pre release and want to test it on your staging site, send a quick email to support, or if you are on the Slack channel we can provide the zip file there.

Cici
    Keymaster

tested with the Experience and SLP 4,9,11 on test site and the un checking feature is working

It was a bug in the base plugin.

So once the testing has completed it will be published, or you can download the SLP pre releases 4.9.11. beta on staging to see if it works for you. Expect testing to be done by end of week and readty to publish by tomorrow but the more people testing the merrier and quicker. thx

Cici
    Keymaster

Lisa, Dod not update the base plugin version 4.9.11, just skip over that version to 4.9.12.

EXP 4.9.11 fixed the bug you mentioned but the SLP 4.9.11 (if you already updated), reversed most settings to default, so if you have not updated the base plugin as yet DONT.

Skip to
    v 4.9.12 of base plug-in instead.

As always we strongly urge everyone to have VAULTPRESS or JET PAck or some sort of back up service before updating any plug-ins.

If you DID update the base plugin of SLP to 4.9.11, see Lances article about restoring the option tables.
    https://www.storelocatorplus.com/store-locator-plus-4-9-11-lost-settings-bug-patches-in-4-9-12/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.