Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Best way to list all locations within a state

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

I manage a website that has locations in many states. We provide direct page links for each state. I’ve been using a center map shortcode with a custom radius.

What is the best way to create a page that loads just the locations in a given state (or province).
    Store Locator Plus:4.4.26
    Enhanced Map:4.3.01
    Janitor:4.4.02
    Pro Pack:4.4
    Tagalong:4.4.01
    Enhanced Results:4.3.02
    Enhanced Search:4.3.01

This Info Cached:1456763099
    WordPress Version:4.4.2
    Site URL:http://buildblock.com

MySQL Version:5.5.45
    PHP Version:5.5.30

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:58 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:192M

Cici
    Keymaster

You can add another shortcode  besides center map:  state  =

SLP Shortcodes

* You might also be interested in upgrading to the newer Experience add-on which has updated versions of all your enhanced add-ons and  also has Widgets for search by state or city, etc. see  Widgets

Brian
    Participant

I’ve created a test page and when I use the shortcode

[SLPLUS center_map_at=”ORLANDO FL 32805″ state=”florida”] or

[SLPLUS center_map_at=”ORLANDO FL 32805″ state=”FL”]

it fails to return every location inside of the state. I have to use a large radius currently to return the correct results. I’ve been through the shortcodes and tried all the permutations. This functionality exists in the current plugin set I have correct?

It should also be noted that if I use the shortcode that it returns stores in a radius near my current location (Oklahoma) and doesn’t restrict it to Florida. Are there other settings that would override this shortcode?

[SLPLUS state=”FL”]

I’m not opposed to upgrading, though the price for this addon and setup fee is close to what I’ve invested in all of the addons which is a little steep for my budget at this time.

Test Page  with state shortcode http://buildblock.com/maps/16891-2/

Working Page with radius http://buildblock.com/maps/florida

Please let me know if something is missing in the shortcode.

Cici
    Keymaster

On the test map site:

1) Yes if you are that specific with your “center map at ” then you would need to show a larger radius under EXP/Results : At Startup , Radius to show initially and number to show initially.  (since Florida is larger than 75 miles).

2) If you are searching from your desk in OK it still shouldn’t be returning OK locations on your FL map, I only see one map with drop downs so I am not sure if I am following you. I am in SC and when I searched FL it only showed locations in FL .  If you have Location sensor  on then you may want to search as a test incognito.

I previewed your link and selected  from the drop down,  the map for FL and selected 1000 miles from drop down and it  returned locations in FL.  I do not know how many locations it should be showing. But that seems to be working. It did not show me locations outside of FL .

3)  Check  your “Order results by” setting…if you select closest to.. then it would show the results closest to the center map at, if you have 25 results in Florida and your center map at is FL then you would want to select under EXP/Results  25 locations.

.Documentation  Order results by

4) Have you turned on discrete search in Enhanced Search? Article about Discrete Search   Note the layout in back end UI is different, the discrete filter radius behavior is now called Do Not Use, not “”ignore radius”. You should set do not use radius if you are using the discrete search

Enhanced Search Discrete search filters.

If you want to play around with settings and not disturb your staging or current site, you can use the Demo , it has Experience add-on installed in the demo along with ProPack and Taglong.  The layout may look a little different since you are using Legacy Enhanced addons.

P.S You second link http://buildblock.com/maps/florida/

return error:

Uncaught TypeError: window.addEvent is not a function(anonymous function) @ easymedia.js?ver=4.4.2:49(anonymous function) @ easymedia.js?ver=4.4.2:49

jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:5 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

You do not need to update the Legacy packs at this time. There will be no additional enhancements and eventually they may not work  with a to be released newer version of  SLP 4.5. (Date of release  TBD)

They will continue to work within the framework of the original purchase and be compatible with the 4.3 and 4.4 versions of SLP.  We appreciate your support through past purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.