Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Append to searches doesn't work

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gal1
    Participant

I’m using the following shortcode, but searches for seaford try to find locations in new york, USA, instead of in the UK.
    [SLPLUS center_map_at=”United Kingdom” append_to_search=”United Kingdom”]

I also tried adding United Kingdom as append this to searches in settings, but the search still goes to the US.

Versions I’m using:

Store Locator Plus®: 5.0

Experience: 4.9.22

I am using this as search layout (inside a div):

[slp_search_element input_with_label=”name”]

[slp_search_element input_with_label=”address”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”radius”]

[slp_search_element dropdown_with_label=”gfl_form_id”]

[slp_search_element button=”submit”]

This is the page:

http://www.sitnstand.com/store-locations/

Cici
    Keymaster

The center map at shortcode is not working at the moment and has been reported to the developer and is patched and undergoing  testing ( pre release EXP 5 and the next   SLP 5.1)

Something with the lats WordPress auto update is causing a glitch with some short codes..

gal1
    Participant

Thank you for replying.
    Actually, the center_map_at does work. It is the append_to_search that seems not to work.

Cici
    Keymaster

I mentioned that as well to the developer,  I believe it is overall related to the map functionality features in Experience,

gal1
    Participant

When are slp 5.1 and exp 5 due?

Cici
    Keymaster

Well,unfortunately , ,,,I cannot give you a precise ETA. The developer is down the rabbit hole trying to handle the WordPress security patch and auto update to 4.9.9 that broke thousand of plugins and even some WooCommerce functionality . import functionality ,( effects our SLP Powert addon)  , some media uploads, which is a whole different issue at the moment but it is taking precedence for fixes (Power and SLP)  at the moment…add in  the holidays and family commitments and I cannot provide a precise date. There are pre releases of EXP 5.0. beta 2 available for our premier customers to test on their dev sites but it has not been thorighly tested as yet and not published for production sites,

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Cici.
    gal1
    Participant

Can I receive the beta? I am an ‘experience add on’ customer.

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you have a Staging or dev site to test it on?

We will not release untested versions to customers who do not have full back ups, and a dev site or test site or staging site. If you do have those you can write in to support and provide all the info including the test or dev site you are planning on loading it on.

Cici
    Keymaster

I just tested append search on my test site and I had no issues with it.  I used append Australia.  I think the issue you are having is the use of United kingdom as your Append .  It might not be specific enough. it is not recognized as ISO two letter region but GB is the ISO region

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2

It is just a guess, I am wondering if  Google may have difficulty wt the append setting for a  region as “United Kingdom”   I am not sure if it is specific enough since United kingdom is more than one country.

You could try setting United Kingdom under the Google MAP domain. Maybe Google will have an easier time finding the locations in UK

You can test it out  in demo site. We have added the beta version to the demo site.

If you want  to run a test with SLP 5.0.1 and see if it fixes some of your specific stuff you can spin up a demo.

https://demo.storelocatorplus.com/

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Cici.
    gal1
    Participant

We have a test site, please send the beta to yarivh@gmail.com.

You were right about using GB in append_to_search. Thanks for your help.

Cici
    Keymaster

It has already been published, you can update anytime. Make sure you have a site backup before updating any plugins or add-ons

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.