Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus A NY Zipcode is placed in FL?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Even in your demo, the following Zipcode places itself in FL, when it’s clearly an NY location. Help?

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

yep I see that…Guess Google has decided to move Southern New York to Florida.

How Google returns a zip code search is not within our control. There are tools that we use such as auto complete, or  show Google guesses  to get around Googles mis -direction.   We have no control over Google, all we can do is add tools to assist the user to either add more information, or provide them with more informations (such as Google thinks you are….”

For instance I turned on Show address guess on my site and then typed in that zip code and this is what showed up as my Show address guess..”12734 Kenwood Ln # 49, Fort Myers, FL 33907, USA”

So apparently Google now has decided that poor guys address is where all packages intended for zip ciode 12734 should show up. Poor guy!!!

Hard to believe we know, but Google purposefully mis-directs at random places and zips.  We can only guess  as to why  , but for sure it is to benefit them somehow. Tghey really do not like third party applications even though they are now requiring everyone to pay for the benefit by using billing accounts to the API.

It would be good to enter a ticket to the Google support, they say that everyone who has an API key now will get support. Ask them why they are dissing the zip code for  Ferndale NY

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.