Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support ‘Store pages’ tab has disappeared in dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Clare Hindle
    Participant

Hi – The ‘Store pages’ tab has disappeared in my dashboard, and all the related store pages are currently inaccessible from the front end of the site. WordPress and some other plugins updated recently. These were automated, and it is since those updates that this seems to have happened. All other functionality on the site seems to work as far as I can see.

When I go to mydomain.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=store_page I get:

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Sorry, you are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.</span>

I’ve attached a grab of my info/environment tab.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hello Claire,

Store Locator Plus SEO Pages?

Do you have Pages Enabled (Under SLP/ General tab)

If it  comes back with that message and says you are not allowed to edit post that sounds like a WP User role/admin issue.  We do not regulate permissions at all via the plug-in.

Do you have admin privileges?  https://wordpress.org/support/article/changing-file-permissions/Using browser dev tools it looks like you have some errors ” failed to load resources.”

Can you role back your WP to earlier version to see if that helps?  You should have a back up of your site before updating. Especially. when WordPress has a major release, as 5.8 .

https://wordpress.org/support/article/updating-wordpress/

Cici
    Keymaster

If you look in the WordPress forums, sounds like others are having issues after updating to WP 5.8.

Personally we NEVER update to a major change release until its been out for a while They always seem to have bugs.

Check the Master release to see if this applies to you.https://wordpress.org/support/topic/read-this-first-wordpress-master-list/

Clare Hindle
    Participant

Hello – Thanks for getting back about this.

It was what you suggested, the Pages check box had become un-ticked during the update process. Once I’d done that the pages reappeared in the dashboard but were returning 404’s on the front-end, so the Permalink settings also then needed to be resaved. Once those 2 steps had been done the pages started to work.

It is also worth mentioning that the ‘Premier’ plugin had disabled itself during the update process. I thought it would be useful to mention all of the above in case anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

Claire,

thanks…good info

Before you update the plug-ins we always suggest deactivating the base plug-in and add-ons. If it deactivated it is usually because the base plug-in need to be the latest version or the subscription is up to date. (Not the case for your subscription)

The Permalink issue I believe was another issue others mentioned in previous version of WordPress as being an issue.

Were you able to reactivate it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘‘Store pages’ tab has disappeared in dashboard’ is closed to new replies.