Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Store Locator Crashing on Mobile Devices

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

We are using the plugin on our website: http://ambreblends.com/store-locator/

The site crashes on mobile devices just returning a generic failure page. I’ve tried debugging this to the best of my ability but it only happens on actual mobile devices, not emulation. I tried using the Safari web inspector with my iPhone but when the page crashes, it also crashes the web inspector. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I know this isn’t much to go on.

Benjamin
    Participant

Okay so I’m still diving in to this problem. After some more fiddling I’ve narrowed it down to when the search for locations is actually performed, it starts returning results then crashes the mobile browser. This happens on all phones and all browsers. If I disable loading locations initially it works fine up until you search and it starts returning results.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin

I have your site loaded on my phone right this second , a very simple mobile device, not all the latest .  I entered Tampa for my search and it came back with Spa Jardin Macdill….etc See attached screenshots

So having tested it on my not too fancy (as in not top of the line) Samsung Galaxy it works perfect. I can try to take a picture of my phone with this awesome page you have designed  if you would like. I also used my tablet and it also found your store locator page allowed me to search and didn’t crash

I do have wifi turned on using my phone at the moment.

Have you ever tried Browsestacker to test over various platforms?  I cant provide much more info than this , I am not a developer unfortunately. The developer is on vacation, when he gets back I will mention it to him, but he has a lot of work answering some paid customization and paid support issues. (thats what happens when you go on vacation) 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin
    Participant

Thanks for the input, Cici, I actually just tried “Tampa” on my end and it worked fine. Funny, it must be an issue with the amount of locations I’m trying to load. Could you do me a huge favor and try “46033”?

Benjamin
    Participant

Okay so I just limited the results returned to 10 and it seems to work fine. I think the number of results I was trying to return was just overloading the phone.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin, That is probably a plausible answer. I was going to suggest lowering your radius default under results as well. I like you site BTW…wouldn’t mind using it for one of our featured customer sites….but only with your permission of course.

P.S. read the new article, it probably wont effect your domain if you had it before June 22, but it is about the Google API queries.

Cici
    Keymaster

If you haven’t had a chance to provide a review on the SLP WordPress directory for StoreLocator Plus, and you think we warrant a great review,  we invite you to leave feedback there.

Benjamin
    Participant

Additionally, you have permission to use this site as a featured customer site. Let us know if you need anything else from us.

Thank you,

Ben

Cici
    Keymaster

Awesome thanks….

Cici
    Keymaster

I have added you to our SLP customer site:

If you would like us to add a complete street address let me know.

If you wish to be featured, let me know, (we tend to feature our long time , customization customers , Premier members, and customers that are active in our SLP forum, or reviews in the WP directory first…if you could take a moment and reviews can be left on theMaps by StoreLocator Plus WP plugin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.