Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Split: Latest Version search not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

I am having the same issue tprinity. Running:

• Experience 4.8.4
    • Power 4.9
    • Premier 4.9
    Cici
    Keymaster

@ Joe I split your post because  you glommed onto a forum post  whereas they didn’t provide their site information, no plugin environment etc. So it is impossible to say  if you are having same issue, plus when I visited his site the search worked perfectly. Unfortunately by glooming onto his post he has ignored request for additional information.

could you be specific as to what you are seeing or experiencing  and provide your site url and additional information as requested in the Posting guidelines that shows us the PHP version etc. ?

Did you run a debug log?  please provide the log See debugging. info below.  WP CORE has been inundated with bugs and things that are breaking plugins and even themes. as a result of the WP 4.9 update ,  some of those things broke javascript .  So we need to narrow down  our focus to isolate conflicts

DEBUGGING WP

tprinty
    Participant

The search is NOT working

Use case Go to http://chiroway.com/locations/

This is the default search notice how the first result is
    Minneapolis Skyway, MN | Tom Stecker, DC 559.7 miles
    <span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f3f3f3;”> </span>
    100 S 5th St, Suite 205Minneapolis, MN 55402

Now do a search for: Saint Paul, MN 55101
    Radius 25

Result:
    Same results as before
    Search box is empty
    Radius returns to 200

Expected results
    I should have seen St. Paul Skyway, MN | Mike Madison, DC 
    as the #1 listing since this is the closes

T

Cici
    Keymaster

@ t

we need your information as requested in Posting guidelines.

Somehow we got the sites and forum posts from another customer crossed because someone added to your forum post and it was mixed .

If you have Forceload javascript the center map at will not work. You may need to clear your cache if the distance in your locations tabs are incorrect as well.  Other troubleshooting info that can effect search issues, all focus around javascript

you have errors in your website that are creating issues for Google to work. Use any developer tools and look at the console to see the errors I have attached a screenshot

There are a few errors that indicate that you either have another plugin or your theme that is also using a Google MAP API. Noted multiple google map apis

noted: Sensor not required (SLP has not had that issue for three years that is coming from another one of your plugins or script in your theme)

You may need to use the Debugging WP tool to find them

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Joe
    Participant

@cici thank you for chastising me like a child in spite of me paying $700.00 a year for your services, great customer service there. This issue happened when we had both WP 4.8 and 4.9 installed.

Plugin Environment:

Store Locator Plus:4.9

Experience:4.8.4

Power:4.9

Premier:4.9

Extended Data Manager:4.5.01

Site URL:http://www.hamiltonmfg.com

This Info Cached:1489409347

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.9.1

PHP Version:5.6.32

MySQL Version:5.6.36

PHP Limit:768M

WordPress General Limit:128M

WordPress Admin Limit:768M

PHP Peak RAM:97 MB

PHP Post Max Size:128M

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Joe.
    Cici
    Keymaster

@ Joe

I apologize if it came off that way, it was not my intent.    It is difficult to imply tone in written responses. I was  trying to explain the situation about having multiple conversations with two voices with most likely different site configurations and themes.  I over explained the situation.   I didn’t want you to think I was splitting your post and starting a new one willy nilly.

You did provide the versions you were using that was  great .

Please do not take my queries personally.  I ask the questions (and guess I explain too much)  so that in my conversation with the SLP developer who is working on half a dozen things at once. I don’t want my head chopped off for not ascertaining and providing him with the info he needs.  I try to research as much as possible and can often look at a site to see what error messages exist.  I am sure you are savvy and have your information and have done all the debugging with WP.

I understand the frustration when something works and then doesn’t when an update occurs.

if you could Please post in the Premier forums where we have advanced users  and developers  who work with the SLP add-ons in various ways.  There are fewer users on that post and I want you to get the attention you deserve.

If you have your Debug Log and can provide it there or email it if you do not want to share in forums I will make sure the developer takes a look.  I am sure he would appreciate the log so he can pinpoint any potential conflicts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.