Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anita
    Participant

I’m starting to get really frustrated with this plugin. After going in a fixing some of the incorrect code, I had everything how I wanted it to be. Now, after updating the plugin and add-ons yesterday, the map no longer auto zooms to the search location; nor does it show the list results even though none of the settings changed.

Anita
    Participant

To follow up, I get “<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Store Locator Plus did not send back a valid JSONP response.”</span>

Cici
    Keymaster

What did you update from to?

Need Plugin Environment and the site url before Lance can venture to guess what the issue is.

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Lenny

in reference to you “fixing the code” .  True, your hack  absolutely  would be overwritten when a new version of the plugin is released and  you updated.  Personal hacking into the code  may give you the  one time fix but it is not recommended and may cause additional problems and issues for you.   .

As i mentioned in your other post, this was added in a subtack for the developer. If it is a bug he will fix it but it is a minor glitch as far as all the lines of code in the Premier and Experience.

I realize you responded in another post as to your plugin environment but it saves a lot of time and searching if you could post a current screenshot for each new post.  There are updated versions of the plugins with some fixes in EXP and SLP  as well as Janitor.

As far as your JSON response you have not provided enough info

Looking for technical support info needed

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Lenny

Following up with you:

If you were receiving a non valid JSON response then something either one of your plugins or themes or something you may have customized is creating an issue and not allowing SLP to work properly.

See Troubleshooting for information on how to check the AJAX response and the plugins Jquery versions. Also WP best Practices articles on why it is not a good thing to call your own jquery.  Lance responded to a user post  in the SLP forum  and cited an interesting article on this subject. the forum poster found the offending plugin (Slider)

The easy debug is to   turn off your other plugins one by one to see what may be effecting SLP, or you can check with Firefox or another debugging tool. (there are tutorials videos and more info also under the Troubleshooting section.

Not sure if you have the latest versions of the Experience pack etc…please provide your plugin environment if you still need help

Please let us know what you have found so others can benefit.

Cici
    Keymaster

Lenny

Try out the SLP 4.4.31 it is in Pre release, Lance found a bug that when used in a combination of settings under Experience could come back with the SLP not sending back  JSON resposnse.

He believes it is fixed. Can you check it out and let us know?

Cici
    Keymaster

Version 4.4.34 fixed the JSON response, but some people were running a 5.2 version of PHP so a new release 4.4.35  is out to accommodate those users. Please let us know if after updating you have any  issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Results’ is closed to new replies.