Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Radius Behavior – can't change

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jasmeet
    Participant

Hi I am using the Version 4.6.4 of Store Locator Plus – I want to set the radius options to 10 km, 25 km, 50 km, etc. My only option under Experience tab is:  Radius Behavior – Always Use.

How can I change that to put in some distances for the radius? Where is this done? 10km, 25km, 50km…

Thank you in advance.

Cici
    Keymaster

under Experience/search/search features  you should see three settings:

distance unit (that is where you select km)

radii option, (that is where you put in the numerics and you can put parentheses around the one you want as a default)

If you do not see those options in your box, please provide  a screenshot of the back-end EXP/search.   See documentation

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/adding-radius-selection-first-entry/

Also is your site in English?

Jasmeet
    Participant

Hi

I don’t see Search Features. See screen shot attached.

The site is in English.

Cici
    Keymaster

Are you the site owner and administrator?

Something is not right with your installation. You should see three settings under search. Search Panel settings

Deactivate, delete, and re-install the base Store Locator Plus plug-in.

Jasmeet
    Participant

Yes I am the administrator. OK if I delete, I won’t loose all my locations will I?

Krista

Cici
    Keymaster

No you shouldn’t lose locations if you delete and re-install. but you should always have a back-up of your site. I am still curious why your install is missing those functions

Jasmeet
    Participant

OK I will try in a little while. Thank you for your help. I will let you know.

K.

Cici
    Keymaster

@Krista

How did you make out with your issue?

Jasmeet
    Participant

Hi

I am in a multi-site environment but only using the plugin in one site.

I uninstalled the plugin on the site. Now I get this error when I try to do anything in the admin. dashboard. Can’t create new page or anything…
    <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function stripslashes_from_strings_only() in <b>/homepages/34/d195460062/htdocs/clickandbuilds/WordPress/mobilesite/wp-content/plugins/store-locator/include/module/options/SLP_Option_Handler.php</b> on line <b>162</b>

I can not do anything in the dashboard. I can’t get to network dashboard to uninstall/delete.

Please help…

Jasmeet
    Participant

I have renamed the plugins so that I can work and view the site again with out the plugin.

Jasmeet
    Participant

OK I have it working again. Re-installed.  I will check the radius now. Thank you!

Jasmeet
    Participant

OK I re-installed. Same result. – But I did see the info flash on the screen and then it is blank again only showing what is on the screen shot I sent.  Not sure what to do. I have Store Locator Plus : Pro Pack installed but not activated.  Not sure what to do now.

See http://amantii.com/locator/

I just want to change the change the: Within 100, 50, 10

Please help 🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

The more information and details you can provide the better. Not providing the information requested in the Posting Guidelines doesn’t help either of us.
    You did not mention you had ProPack installed nor the Multisite. Without all the information we cannot help you, its like playing blind mans bluff. Read the posting guidelines and provide a screenshot of your environment and your site url.

Other information that would be useful
    1) Was this site/admin handed over to you by someone else?
    2) Is the multi site NAM? (And what do you mean you renamed plugins?)
    3) Do you have User Managed Locations add-on installed?

It sounds like you do not have the permissions you need or the permissions were changed or the roles and capabilities were changed.

Your issues are a lot more than just SLP, and they could be caused by any number of things including moving the site to a new server but not moving ALL the necessary database pieces… like the wp_posts table with the store entries in it. We have a team that does transfer and migrations at Cyber Sprocket labs.
    This is outside of my wheel house. I am afraid you will need to request support if you need a developer to login and troubleshoot. There has not been anyone saying that those functions are missing so it is definitely unique to your site..

Jasmeet
    Participant

Hi Cici

Sorry I forgot to mention it is a multi-site environment. The “sub” site does not use it. Just the top main site.

To answer your questions:

1 – No the site was not handed over to me. I created it.

2 – what is a multi site NAM?

3- No User Managerd Locations add-ons being installed except for ProPack which is not activated.

I include a screen shot of environment. I hope this helps.

What other info can I give you.

It just seems strange. The radius works fine on my other site. http://sierraflame.com/dealer-locator/

Any other thoughts?

Thank you so much for your patience and help.

Krista

Cici
    Keymaster

Krista,

Your WordPress version should be 4.6 or at least 4.4 but I do not know what version Multi site is on. Your PHP environment is also lower than recommended by WordPress (they recommend 5.6)WordPress also works with PHP 5.2.4+ and MySQL 5.0+, but these versions have reached official End Of Life and as such may expose your site to security vulnerabilities. .

Most likely reason you are missing the settings.

When you created a subsite you did not move the SLP options table with the database.  See the WordPress Debugging ,Multi site. NAM is Network Active Multi site. See WordPress Multisite codex and how to create the network
    I believe your issues are coming from the way you have set-up your  subsite.

If you need help with setting up and transferring databases with the WP  multi site, please contact Cyber Sprocket.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.