Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Only showing US locations and search not working properly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ethan Walker
    Participant

Our client site has dealer locator has started having issues. It doesn’t pull up any locations outside of the US and search doesn’t appear to work. They have a large number of Canadian dealers that should show up. Environment information should be attached.

Site: https://www.valterra.com/dealer-locator/

My coworker on this project has tried the following:
    <ul class=”p-rich_text_list p-rich_text_list__bullet” style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; list-style-type: none; counter-reset: list-0 0 list-1 0 list-2 0 list-3 0 list-4 0 list-5 0 list-6 0 list-7 0 list-8 0 list-9 0; color: #1d1c1d; font-family: Slack-Lato, appleLogo, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: #f8f8f8;” data-stringify-type=”unordered-list” data-indent=”0″>
    <li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: none; margin-left: 28px;”>-Entered new API keys (current API stats show that Google is receiving requests OK)
    <li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: none; margin-left: 28px;”>-Changed some of the results settings
    <li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: none; margin-left: 28px;”>-Checked console for errors (none)
    <li style=”box-sizing: inherit; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: none; margin-left: 28px;”>-Disabled Advanced Access Manager and iThemes Security (no results)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Did your client update something besides SLP, did they recently update? , nothing has changed on our end that would render the search to be inoperable. A clue to what might be going on,  but I can only guess, is  by looking at your results and how they should appear.

Using just the basic SLP plugin there is no hide distance checkbox available.  (that is popart of the experience add-on) There should always be a number equating to distance  yet that site shows the word, (text)  miles and no distance (number) in front of it.

Were they using a legacy add-on perhaps but did not upgrade or purchase experience add-on?  or did someone try to hack the code? .

The reason I ask, it is not normal behavior to not see an actual number in front of miles unless you have hide distance checked off  or have changed the results layout .  The ability to “hide distance” is part of the experience add-on.   The ability to change the results layout is also part of the experience add-on.  (See delete results distance miles line)

You will need to run the debugger to see what the issue is and where it is coming from if changing the results settings after search does not help

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/results-panel-settings/

Make sure the radius under initial search is a large enough number, especially if they have set the center map as United States.

Note; You mention they did not see console  errors but if I inspect your site using browser tool I see a javascript error under co sole:(This does not effect the SLP plugin but thought I should bring your attention to it,)

When you click on the location of the error:

if(!((anchors[i].href.indexOf(window.location.hostname) >= 0) || anchors[i].href==’#” || anchors[i].href==’javascript:void(0)” || anchors[i].href[0]==’/” || anchors[i].href[0]==’.”))

anchors[i].setAttribute(‘target’, ‘_blank’);

Cici
    Keymaster

Correction, The error could effect SLP, it indicates something is not right with your javascript

See Troubleshooting Search does not work, often it is cause by broken javascript

Cici
    Keymaster

Correction, The error could effect SLP, it indicates something is not right with your javascript

See Troubleshooting Search does not work, often it is cause by broken javascript

Cici
    Keymaster

This  error is stopping everything before SLP engages under your Index you have the below in red, use Inspect console and check the js error

https://www.valterra.com/dealer-locator/

if(!((anchors[i].href.indexOf(window.location.hostname) >= 0) || anchors[i].href==’#” || anchors[i].href==’javascript:void(0)” || anchors[i].href[0]==’/” || anchors[i].href[0]==’.”)){

anchors[i].setAttribute(‘target’, ‘_blank’);

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.