Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus No result in the search for umlauts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roland
    Participant

While searching for locations that contains umlauts, e. g. Tübingen, there is an error message called

<i>Could not locate this address. Please try a different location. Invalid request. One of the input parameters contains a non-UTF-8 string</i>

Is there a solution?

Regards,

Jürgen Bartalis

Cici
    Keymaster

The error isn indicating the string is invalid as it does not follow the UTF 8 requirements

Please refer to the rules under the Import functionality, assume you imported the location?  Do you have a location with that address under your SLP locations?  If so is it showing as geocoded  active?

I added a location in Tübingen, Germany with a full address to my site. Not only did it geocode correctly but  I also had no issue with it appearing on my  map when I searched by the  town / city name, see my screenshot.

This indicates that it is not a problem with the SLP plugin but something in your configuration or set-up .

Make sure you have the location added correctly, add the country and postal code

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stefan
    Participant

Thank you for your advice. We used the import functionality only for the first time. Since then we modify the locations manually when necessary.

Now I added the same address (Eberhard-Karls-Universität) as you did. The SLP detected the geocodes as shown in the first attachment. In the second attachment you can see the details of the entry. There the location is shown exactly in the map but the search fails.

Additionally I renewed the geolocation for all locations in Tübingen with no change in the search result.

Regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Since it is working for me and I do not have any other plugins that would interfere with the WPSLP functionality and am using a WP theme, I cannot replicate your issue.

Using any Browser tools, inspect your side and look under console, you will see this error on your site.

Uncaught TypeError: $(…).autocomplete is not a function

at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (bw-gemeinden.js?ver=1.1:17)

at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

When inspecting the Network and XHR headers the WPSLP geocode header GET is green and is working correctly. I do not know what to tell you other then you may need to perform some debugging on your site.

Request URL: https://www.polizei-bw.de/wp-json/store-locator-plus/v2/geocode/d0015aa9c336272f521caeee2feb7c35/de/T%C3%BCbingen

Request Method: GET

Status Code: 200 OK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.