Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Make Radius field & miles go away in customer view

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

Hello –

Now that we’ve purchased the Premier version, would you please tell me how I am able to make the radius field and miles disappear? All we want to show is Address/Zip and Categories. https://www.floeinternational-dev.com/dealer-locations/

Cici
    Keymaster

You are inquiring about the results correct?

under Settings/Results there is a checkbox to Hide distance.

Under the settings/Results Layout you can delete the lines you do not want to appear .

You will also see a documentation icon in the admin panel , most of the checkbox options will show a more info on the right side as you hover over the area. often there are links to the docs page there.

Additional info on the styles here

You may want to experiment under the VIEW settings, there are many styles that can be utilized. One may suit your needs to a tee, others may need to be tweaked with CSS.

If you would like a special style for results , if it does not already exist as an option under the View settings, , the developer can look into  creating a specific SLP plugin style  to add under Gallery styles for specific layout requests for Premier customers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

@ Christian

Were you able to obtain the settings you needed?  Was there a Plugin Style that worked better for you?

Christian
    Participant

I’ve been able to make everything go away in the “radius field” except for the “miles” dropdown. I’ve been able to make this area useless except for “miles” still showing ….I still can’t figure out a way to make this dropdown/cell/field disappear. Check it out at: https://www.floeintl.com/dealer-locations/

I’m reluctant to try a new map style because when I do, a window pops up saying I should back up all my information. I’m afraid I’ll break all my information, which will lead to downtime. Is there any way to get rid of this last dropdown/cell/field without choosing a new map? I see no options or checkboxes, etc., on the back end. Or maybe I’m blind.

I have another question, but I’ll post that in a new topic. Thank you!

Cici
    Keymaster

Under settings/search/ appearance. Check off hide radius selections

Cici
    Keymaster

We are a little concerned that you mention working on a live site? Are you not using a daily back up of site?

You can purchase a $20/month  web host like WP Engine that does automatic staging sites.

If you have more than just a blog site, we always recommend utilizing the plans available.  Backing up your site. It is crucial especially with all the updates with WP and plugins.  See the authors advice on the options here.

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/news/wordpress-site-backup/

Christian
    Participant

There is no “hide radius” check box or selection. Please see attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Could you provide your Plugin environment, what versions and add-ons are you using?

Also, just to make sure, your WP admin is  English correct?

Cici
    Keymaster

You do have the Experience add-on Activated correct??

Christian
    Participant

We have SLP Premier & Power both running ver 4.8.6. We do not have the Experience plugin. From what I read on your site, the Premier incorporates both the Power and Experience add ons. Maybe I misunderstood the text below the pitch for “Get It All With Premier” that says “Get everything we offer including the Power and Experience add ons.”? When we upgraded to Premier (which was within a week of buying Power) our developer asked SLP support if we could get a refund for Power but we never heard anything back. I guess I’m thoroughly confused now.

And yes – the site is WP – we’re currently running the latest version – 4.9, the theme of the site is H-Code.

Lastly, yes – I am making changes to the live site. In the past 3 years using SLP, I’ve never had any issues making tweaks to SLP while in a live environment – and I’ve done a boatload. I only use a dev site for testing major changes to the site. I wish that every time I made a tweak to SLP, I could do so on the dev site, then examine the outcome, then scratch my beard, sip some coffee, mull it over a little longer, then apply the same change to the live site – I but I do not have the time. Web design and maintenance are about 1/5 of my job. This is why I’ve stayed with SLP for so long – It’s a rock solid plugin & I’m able to make changes on the fly. I appreciate your advice, though.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Christian.  We did issue the refund for the power add-on. Per Dewey’s request the refund was issued under the account it was purchased under.   Please email via  Contact us so we can get everyone on the same page.  The Experience add-on needs to be downloaded from your account and added to your Plugins.  Please refer to the Upgrading account and add-ons in documentation

You must have the Experience add-on activated to see the hide checkbox as shown in my screenshot.  We do not auto add them in your plugins because not everyone wants both Power and experience , they are available for you to add to your site.  All of my answers to you  in this forum assumed you had the Experience add-on.  The Experience add-on will deactivate any Enhanced legacy add-ons. The match to what add-ons are replaced can be seen here in documentation

We aren’t suggesting that you cant  work on a live site, we are suggesting that before deploying any major changes, such as adding new plugins, that you have a back-up.  We ask everyone to make sure they have back-ups of their site in the event their is a conflict with our plugins and your site configuration.  I will send Dewey an email asking him to coordinate with you about the refund and I will cc you on the email if I have your contact info.

Your time is valuable, we understand totally, but if you could have provided your plugin environment in the first post, I would have been able to tell you that you were missing the Experience add-on which is needed. The developer looked at your site  using the Browser developer tools and informed me that you did not have the Experience add-on. He stopped working on a project to take a look at your site.  We want you to have all the tools available to you.

Christian
    Participant

Thank you. I did not realize that the Experience and Power add-ons needed to be added separately. As I stated, from the verbage on your site, it sounded like they were included within the architecture of the Premier plugin itself. I apologize. Dewey (off-site) is no longer working on the site. All maintenance is now done in-house.

Cici
    Keymaster

Oh, Well the refund was to Patricia Stoll, that is who paid for the Power add-on. I cc’ed you, or at least the email account associated with this account,  on my reply to Dewey in email.

In the  emails  ( a few emails to see how things were going)  sent to Dewey ( I thought he was the technical person) stated that whomever was the tech poc could also request access to Slack.   when you originally posted in this forum I did not make the connection between the two of you. That is why we always ask for Plugin information in our posting guidelines. It can be very confusing when we have multi parties asking about same account/site.  This happens on a regular basis. It is good that you bought the Premier under the company account. We see developers leave a project after charging their customers and then the customer lodges a complaint to us when they do not receive updates.   Often we have no knowledge of the company  the purchase was made for as developers keep it private and do not always share such  information. We of course can only credit or create an account for the owner of the add-ons.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.