Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Locations showing without searching

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

For whatever reason, I cannot reply to my own ongoing post, so I had to make a new post on the same subject. This is a continuation of our previous discussion. I deleted the Revolution Slider plugin last week. I deactivated the Smush plugin this morning. The location sensor does indeed show now on the back end (and I read your documentation on this setting), but it’s not ticked on – so I don’t know how this would change anything. Locations are still showing on the front end without any input from the user. The only other item you mentioned is that I have cluster map markers but I’m using the category checkbox method. I think what you’re referring to is the fact that I had “enable clusters” ticked. I honestly didn’t even know I did. I un-ticked this feature with no change. Also tried various configurations in the marker admin area (such as ticking ‘do not use category markers’, etc.) with no change. I just discovered this is not particular to iPhones. This also happens when using an Android. What I find even more puzzling is why it is selecting the dealers that it’s selecting to show. One is in Nebraska, one is in Missouri, and one is in Texas. I deleted the dealer that was showing in Texas, and it was replaced with another dealer we have in Texas. Perhaps this discovery may give you an indication as to what’s going on? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Cici
    Keymaster

Christian do you have a recent back-up of your site? Try clearing the cache in WP. Also suggest trying (on a dev site or clone site, assume you of course are using something like JetPack or other backup service) cchanging to a regular WordPress theme and see if that correct the issue on the phones.

I have noted the errors in your console still and one of them may be effecting how the plugin is displaying in phones, i.e revslider is still showing up so is it being called or written into your theme somewhere? . Have you tried debugging WP?

The fact that it is only acting differently with phones make me lean towards a setting in your themes css but I will run it by developer.

could you please provide your plugin environment per posting guidelines? Without it the developer cannot pin point any issues.
    p.S. I still see 8 errors on your site:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
    revolution.tools.min.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
    rs6.min.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
    http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion_async.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
    rs6.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

https://www.floeintl.com/wp-content/plugins/revslider/public/assets/css/rs6.css?ver=6.0.7

Christian
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ll keep digging and testing – – – and please let me know if you and/or the developer discover any new revelations. Here’s my plugin environment: SLP Plus, Experience, Premier all running on 5.2.11; Power is 5.2.5. Latest version of WP 5.2.4, theme is H-Code. Again, thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

I have now seen the same occurence across multiple browsers.

Same three locations show up even if i do not allow check off location sensor. So Location sensor has nothing to do with it.

1) Do you have Featured or ranking on those same three locations? If so look under results panel, bottom order by,. Always show Featured…is it checked off?
    2) Smush lazy load, deactivate it when you debug, smush may be in conflict with our plugin

3) You still have multiple errors on that page, i cannot troubleshoot while those errors exist, One second the page loads with those three locations showing and other times it doesnt…you need to clean up the caching and the errors

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

I revisited your site and it appears to be working correctly now. Let us know if that is not the case, or if you found the featured in results checked off.

Christian
    Participant

Unfortunately still the same case with phones. Desktop is ok, but locations still show up without doing anything at all on on phones. I’m having a few other issues which I’ll address in separate posts.

Christian
    Participant

Latest update for Premier is not able to update. Running 5.3 SLP Plus, Experience, and Power on latest version of WordPress. Error message below.

<span style=”color: #32373c; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #fbeaea;”>Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature</span>

Christian
    Participant

Still need to do a bit more testing, but it appears that the iPhone/Android issue has been solved with the latest round of updates. Whether or not it was the “fault” of the update or who knows what/how it’s been fixed – either way, thank you. Also, please pardon the duplicate posting about the Premier update. This is the same message as appears in my “Premier Update not working” post.

Cici
    Keymaster

I have notified the developer about the premier update issue but it looks like it is a WP not updating issue
    . I also just “auto updated to WP 5.3 but when I checked the Plugin environment under info it reflects version 5.2.4,,,WP is not allowing me to update

Please go to your SLP Plugin environment under the Info tab and confirm or send a screenshpt showing that you are using WP 5.3

Cici
    Keymaster

I have notified the developer about the premier update issue but it looks like it is a WP not updating issue
    . I also just “auto updated to WP 5.3 but when I checked the Plugin environment under info it reflects version 5.2.4,,,WP is not allowing me to update

Please go to your SLP Plugin environment under the Info tab and confirm or send a screenshpt showing that you are using WP 5.3

Cici
    Keymaster

checking on WP 5.3 support and others have reported the same.Apparently we are not the only ones. You may need to follow their instructions on how to update WP to 5.3

Here is what they suggest

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/read-this-first-wordpress-5-3-master-list/

Cici
    Keymaster

Christian,
    Have you had a chance to update-or check for updates to Word Pres to version 5.3. The developers article should shed some light on the latest SLP updates

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/store-locator-plus-update-improves-performance-adds-features/

Cici
    Keymaster

The developer updated my CiCi test site to WP 5.3 and now all SLP 5.3 updates are working. I was having trouble updating because my site is on a cluster node server and gateway was timing out before WP could complete the update.

Hope all is well on your end

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.