Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus locations in multiple countries

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jasmeet
    Participant

I have store locations in multiple countries, such as in Belgium, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia… How can I have the locations for these different countries be searched for and show in results. http://www.int.amantii.com

Thank you.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please follow the Posting guideline and provide the information required so we can better assist you. Best idea is to provide a screenshot of your Plugin environment which can be found under the info .

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. With Experience add-on you can have a drop down by country discrete search, you also need to set your search settings to be “worldwide” and not on one specific country , also set the results search to a large number under settings/results) See the docs site about both of these options. And you may want to read the experience add-on product details as well.

Jasmeet
    Participant

Hi Cici

OK so the only way to have a locator that can show locations in multiple countries is with the experience add-on?

Here is my plugin environment.

Store Locator Plus®:5.2.8
    Site URL:https://int.amantii.com
    This Info Cached:1568394914
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9.11
    PHP Version:7.1.32
    MySQL Version:5.5.60
    PHP Limit:-1
    WordPress General Limit:256M
    WordPress Admin Limit:2000M
    PHP Peak RAM:84 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:67108864

I will be updating WordPress, etc.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Cici
    Keymaster

No, you dont HAVE to purchase the add-on.
    SLP is already working properly. ( see screenshot and steps I took on my search of your site)

the base SLp will search more then one country if you have the settings established as suggested in above. (” search settings to be “worldwide” and not on one specific country , also set the results search to a large number under settings/results) See the docs site about both of these options”) If you do not want focus to only be Aiustralia set the zoom level accordingly, see MAP panel settings

EXP add-on allows you to have additional settings such as a drop down selector by country if you think that will benefit you. Right now it appears that you have no results displayed at start up and the Australia Map as your center map at…I am not sure what your settings are.

Set your radius under results settings higher. Also your drop down box for radius for the search box is default of 10 miles, if you are not using any add-ons you might want that to be higher. See radius behavior and settings

Fotr instaNce, I went to your url, I typed in Belgium in the search box, the location marker went to Belgium but no results found, well, that is because the default radius is 10 miles and the center of Belgium, compared to your locations in Belgium is more than 10 miles apart. When I selected the radius as 100 miles and reloaded search using simple belgium results were shown see attached screenshot.

If you want the site to be more intuitive, you might want to have Experience add-on or Premier. (Premier also allows user to have a Country address guess)

It is up to you or your client , the other options is to have radius default as a larger number or with experience add-on not rely on radius behavior.

Review the various docs site posts to determine which outcome would best suit your purposes.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/location-search-enhancements/

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/category/faq/what-to-buy/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jasmeet
    Participant

Hi Cici

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the long delay in responding.

Thanks for all the info.

I am just wondering where I set the map –  search settings to be “worldwide”

I am not sure where to put ‘worldwide’.

Thanks for your help.

Cici
    Keymaster

The drop down under the search setting is Current or Worldwide The setting is under the SLP/Settings/Search panel

Search Address Nearest
    Worldwide is the default search, letting Google make the best guess which addres the user wants. Current Map will find the best matching address nearest the current area shown on the map.

Next make sure your settings under results, the radius are set to a large enough number so that it will include both countries….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.