Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Import is not working (again)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

We have two sites and they are both doing the same thing. We exported a list of locations, carefully added new locations, made edits to a few existing locations, and removed a couple of locations. Then, we attempted to import the updated file, but the process stops right after the upload is complete.

The attached screenshot shows what we see. The “Reading Line” stays at “0” and the progress bar stays at “0%”.

Again, this is happening on both sites. We have ensured the plugins and WP core are up to date. This process has worked in the past, however, we have experienced this problem occasionally as well. This time, it’s happened when we’ve tried from multiple computers at multiple locations over the course of multiple days.

Please let me know how to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

a screenshot showing it is at zero is not needed.  (we believe you) A screenshot of  your plugin environment and  a partial list as an attachment (first 10 lines at most) of the csv file you are importing  is helpful.

You exported your locations to a csv file correct?   Therefore  I assume you see the new file as having a column called sl_id?

Delete the col sl_id unless you have a specific reason for needing it. A location if changed and re-imported could have a different sl_id, it is a unique number assigned in the plug-in.

See duplicate import and headers

Next, make sure your host is not blocking communications or timing out.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/q-how-does-store-locator-plus-handle-large-location-list-imports/

Check out the Large List Import hints for fine tuning your server environment.

Troubleshooting import and export more info.

Cici
    Keymaster

We had a premier customer who was having a similar issue, They also use WPengine dedicated server. he found there was another plugin that was causing the issue.

I do not know at this time if it was one that may have been on the WPEngine list here

or something totally different. You may want to check with WPEngine support

Cici
    Keymaster

@Kent

the other premier customer said it wasnt one of the ones on WP engine list, but he found it.according to him .. “testing showed that some plugins needed to be deactivated and then re-activated after running updates.  The conflict  was most likely the Event Calendar, Bloom, or Revolution Slider”

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks for the info! We do have The Events Calendar installed, so I’ll try your suggestion and test.

Cici
    Keymaster

When you update SLP skip the 5.5.1 update and update 5.5.2, the .1 version had a bug that has been resolved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.