Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Functionality Issues with Latest Update

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

When I type in any city or zip, it defaults back to the original radius I have set up. I am using locations all over the US and Australia so have no idea why it will not find those. Any help is much appreciated!

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide the information required in the Posting guidelines. We are looking into another issue right now and need to know what people are using for versions, PHP, add-ons , etc.

See Posting guidelines.

Cici
    Keymaster

Could you explain more as to what you mean by defaults back to original radius, that is the way it is supposed to work if you have a default radius designated.  Or are you referring to the Radius select label as first entry? See Radius Behavior and settings in docs site.  Really need to know what your https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/info-tab-plugin-environment/SLP Plugin environment looks like, see posting guidelines.  Also what is your center map at settings? If you have locations in US, some in Australia, some in Europe etc you need to make sure you have a large enough range under the Settings/Results

Joe
    Participant

@cici I was already responding to the issue in the merged thread. It is critical we get this working as soon as possible, it is causing a massive inconvenience to our business. The search simply DOES NOT WORK!!! Please help!

suzanne_ritter
    Participant

I have another functionality issue following the 4.9 update – so when: adding a location, even after entering an address manually, the Google geo-locate isn’t automatically populating the longitude and latitude, it just remains blank.

I’m currently using PHP 5.7, WordPress Version 4.8.4 – and the latest version of Store Locator Plus 4.9.1

Joe
    Participant

It’s clearly an issue with the update. @cici can you provide us with the previous version to install? This will at least give us functionality while your developer sorts out the problem.

suzanne_ritter
    Participant

I’ve attached the error message we receive after adding a location (this is the first time adding this location)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    suzanne_ritter
    Participant

Here is the location of our store locator: https://sienna-x.co.uk/help-support/therapist-locator/

Even when adding in the longitude and latitude manually – like @Joe – when searching for the postcode (S98 5PS) it defaults to a different country (China as opposed to the UK).

Cici
    Keymaster

ALL SLP versions can be downloaded direct from the Wp directory.

The way the search and results works:

SLP doesnt go out and get the lat long, that is done directly from Google Maps geocoder API. Ditto when Google returns results based on wherever their search engine domains are located.

Please read this and if you can report what is happening when you follow the troubleshooting guidelines.

I have been importing dozens of locations and they are all updating correctly, so we need to look at what is different on your site.

I will discuss with developer.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Your over limit error is because your site has used up all 2,500 Google geocoding queries assigned to the server for the day.

If you are on a shared host the limit is shared between all sites on that server.  For a GoDaddy server, for example, there can be 30,000+ sites on a single server.

Get a Google API key and make sure you sign up for pay-as-you-go services from Google to avoid hitting this limitation.
    https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/getting-started/

Step 1: Go To the Google Developer Site

Step 2: Select “Create A Project” at the Google API Keys

Step 3: Enter your website info at Google.

Step 4: Copy your API Key.

DO NOT add any restrictions by website address, IP address, etc. despite what Google tries to talk you into. That will hamper the key functionality.

Joe
    Participant

@Cici help me understand where I can download the old versions – I clicked the link you shared but I still cannot find them.

Also, we have been running SLP for two years and it was only this last update that broke everything.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

You should be aware that Google Map services has again increased their restrictions, so having a Google API key is even more critical than it was a month ago.

Much like their push to make all sites have an HTTPS URL with a valid SSL certificate.

Anyone running a map on their site, whether with SLP or any other plugin, should be on HTTPS and have a Google Maps API Key.   If not you may not have problems today but it will become an issue over time as Google tightens up their security and access policies.

Joe
    Participant

We have a Google API key, and it is saved in SLP. Locator is still broken!

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Are you still seeing OVER QUERY LIMIT when you try to add a location?

If so then your API key is not being honored or it is not setup properly.

Joe
    Participant

I am not seeing that because I am not trying to add locations. The locator simply will not work when you enter an address, city, or zip.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

You are talking about this site, correct?
    https://sienna-x.co.uk/help-support/therapist-locator/

1) There is no Google API key.  Make sure you put it in the browser key entry in SLP.   This is what comes up looking at your JavaScript on the page:
    Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys

2) Your plugin/theme running Lightbox is breaking JavaScript for the entire page.
    jQuery(‘.responsive_lightbox’).lightbox is not a function. (In ‘jQuery(‘.responsive_lightbox’).lightbox()’, ‘jQuery(‘.responsive_lightbox’).lightbox’ is undefined)

Store Locator Plus does not use Lightbox.

Since this is a fatal error all JavaScript code from that point on stops running.

The locator processing runs AFTER the entire page loads, so when something like this breaks the locator interface can no longer function properly.

If you look at the JavaScript debugging on your site it is coming from a  minified JavaScript file that is using ColorBox.

/*!

Colorbox v1.5.10 – 2014-06-26

jQuery lightbox and modal window plugin

(c) 2014 Jack Moore – http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox

license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

*/

You need to fix whatever else you updated first and get rid of that error.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.