Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Format for importing tags

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matt
    Participant

Info:
    Store Locator Plus:4.5.06
    Experience:4.5.06
    Pro Pack:4.5
    Tagalong:4.4.03

Should tags be separated by comma, colon, pipe in a csv file?

Cici
    Keymaster
    matt
    Participant

Saw that, but it doesn’t explain how tags should be imported.

Cici
    Keymaster

Tags are imported the same way as every other field.  Here is documentation of the filed header  names etc. It indicates Power add-on but also applies to current versions of ProPack… the field header is tags, if you are importing a file first , convert to *csv file format

*comma separated value.

Maya
    Participant

My question piggybacks on this one — I’m working with Matt.  The documentation shows one field header “sl_tags”.  If there are multiple tags for a location, should there then be multiple field headers that read “sl_tags” so that the import can recognize all those fields as tag fields?  Your documentation example shows just one sl_tags field and one tag living inside that field (“restaurant”).  What if something needs to show “grocery, bags, single serve”

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Maya, Yes you can import more than one tag per location, as mentioned they are separated by commas. Here is an example of an import file. I used Google Sheets and saved as CSV. As you can see, some of my examples show both restaurant,hotel on one line.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

And this is how it looks on the UI admin after I imported, the Vendue Inn was a new location I added that I have tags both restaurant,hotel.

Please note, I have Premier installed on my test site, so if you only have ProPack you will not see the pretty picture of the map for the location on the BACK end UI.

Also shown is the front end with dropdown, or text input, show locations at start as one example and  don’tt show locations until search, etc…there are a plethora of settings available depending on what add-ons you have installed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Format for importing tags’ is closed to new replies.