Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support filter search/categories not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andrew8
    Participant

I have noticed that the search and/or the categories are no longer working on https://www.racewaycarwash.com/locations/

nothing shows after you submit any type of search.

here are the details for the plugin info:

Store Locator Plus®:5.0.4
    Experience:5.0.1
    Power:5.0
    +Pages
    Premier:5.0.3
    Site URL:https://www.racewaycarwash.com
    This Info Cached:1549137019
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:5.0.3
    PHP Version:7.0.33
    MySQL Version:5.6.41
    PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:10 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:8M

Cici
    Keymaster

How is it supposed to appear? You have a search box with no label nor instructions telling me (a site visitor) how yo use the search form.

There is an empty box, and below it are category checkboxes. Am I supposed to search  using a name or a zip code or a category?

andrew8
    Participant

it doesn’t seem to work with the name or zip. I may choose to hide it because after I did the update the category filter is now working. Are there special settings that allow me to control what it searches? If not how does your search work?

Cici
    Keymaster

If you choose to have a search box it is better to guide the site visitor rather then restrict them, enter under Settings/Search..under Labels there is a section to add the label for radius, address, address placeholder etc.  In my placeholder I have “Enter address or zip code.”  It would not restrict them to those alternatives if they wanted to type in a City for instance.

You can also have a Search form title

You can further fine tune the search form with CSS, the search layout is also determined by the plugin style you have selected. 

Without restricting , normally  a search is  by  address but a city, state or other name typed in a search box will work   unless you are using a Do not allow selector and address for example.

The technical detail of how search works, at least how the basic search always worked before there have been additional features added for premier such as what you are using for category selectors..info and tech details how search works , can be found here

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.