Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

In the latest version of Store Locator Plus we’re seeing the Directions link format with a span in the href. It looks like slp.js generates that on line 1257

http://’ + slplus.options.map_domain + ‘/maps?saddr=’ + encodeURIComponent(cslmap.getSearchAddress(cslmap.address)) + ‘&daddr=’ + encodeURIComponent(full_mod.marker[‘fullAddress’]) + ‘

slplus.options.map_domain must be generating a span at the start and finish as below. Am I the only one that experiences this?

<a href="http://<span id=&quot;slp_option_0_map_domain&quot;>maps.google.com</span>/maps?saddr=United%20States&daddr=1%2F15%20Lawson%20Street%2C%20Byron%20Bay%2C%20NSW%2C%202481%2C%20Australia" target="_blank" class="storelocatorlink">Directions</a>

My environment details:

Store Locator Plus:4.4.36

This Info Cached:1459818484
    WordPress Version:4.4.2

MySQL Version:5.6.29
    PHP Version:5.6.19

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:512M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:22 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:100M

Cici
    Keymaster

I am not seeing it in my directions link. Do you have CSS rules somewhere?

<a href=”http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=29464&amp;daddr=656%20Long%20Point%20Rd%2C%20Mount%20Pleasant%2C%20SC%2C%2029464%2C%20USA&#8221; target=”_blank” class=”storelocatorlink”>Directions to </a>

Michael
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

We have rules in our theme style.css that effect the styling of Map elements, but thats about it.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, when you say rules in your theme style, are you referring to your Word Press theme, not your SLP plugin style?

I do not see Pro Pack or any other add-on in your list above. If all you are using is basic SLP then it is your theme modifications and probably your css rules, they are incorrect. There are ways to change the SLP plugin style and customize it with CSS using ProPAck. Any independent or incorrect changes to the data field names , options.maps elements in the layout can cause issues with Directions. Because when you click on the directions link it queries the Google Maps.Api to get the directions using the data from the locations manager. , i.,e the address you want to get directions to

Your href above points to a slp_option_0_map_domain map domain. ??

where did that come from?

You see mine? it points to an actual address field pulled from the slp locations data field…called addy, i.e. address…

if you have a Theme or another plugin that does anything with Maps it could also mess with SLP calls . You didn’t provide your site url or a screenshot of your Plugin environment so I cant look at anything to help you. I would save your special css somewhere on your drive and then get rid of it from the locator page and see if that resolves it.

If you need someone to privately look at your site or you cant share it here, you would need to go the Paid support option I am afraid.

Michael
    Participant

OK thanks Cici. Looks like I’ll have to try and debug it myself and see if its the theme causing issues.

The href with slp_option_0_map_domain map domain is what I’m trying to work out. I haven’t written anything other than some basic CSS adjustments in my WordPress theme, so I’ve just installed the Store Locator Plugin, added some locations, added the shortcode to a page and then found that Directions link bug.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Directions link’ is closed to new replies.