Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus "Decompression Failed" – SLP-Power.Zip – 4.8.62017-11-19

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

When I attempt to download the latest version of the power add-on, SLP-Power.Zip 4.8.62017-11-19, I receive the following error message:  “Decompression Failed”.  I would appreciate if you would look into this at your earliest convenience.

Cici
    Keymaster

Where are you seeing that error message?

Paul
    Participant

I am seeing the error message on the Downloads page (https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/my-account/downloads/).  A screenshot is attached for your reference.

I attempted the download without success in Safari, Chrome and IE.  If my memory serves me correctly, downloads for previous versions saved to my local drive as unzipped folders.  For some reason the latest update is saving as an unreadable zip file.  When I attempt to upload the file to WordPress, I receive the following error message:  “The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature”.  A screenshot of this error is also attached for your review.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Paul.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    pa
    Participant

I am getting this too, but on a Mac.

MACHINE NAME:project_slp patrik$ unzip slp-power.zip
    Archive:  slp-power.zip
    End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.

unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of slp-power.zip or slp-power.zip.zip, and cannot find slp-power.zip.ZIP, period.

In short; the zip-file is broken.

Cici
    Keymaster

Thank you for notifying us I have identified the issue and notified the Developer, he is travelling today and will look into this tonite or tomorrow as soon as he can access his developer tools and computer.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hello ALL,

try it now, the developer fixed the compression file while at the rest area. 

​i was lucky to catch him while he wasn’t driving . He was working while on his mini holiday and the internet service stopped in the middle of some updates thus causing this error.

thanks to you guys, I decided to delete and re-install Power since i could not recreates the issue. this gave us some useful clues as to when this may have happened since there was no issue before.

P.S.  The next release of SLP and Power will be 4.9 to be published some time in the next few days. He will let us know via changelog if this effects anyone using the new WP 4.9.

Thanks again for your patience and sorry for the inconveninece

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘"Decompression Failed" – SLP-Power.Zip – 4.8.62017-11-19’ is closed to new replies.