Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Creating Different Map Zoom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Hi there, we have the experience plugin add on for Store Locator Plus as well as the Power add on. I’m wanting the level of zoom to be different for the maps I show. So for example one page I need it to be zoomed out and show North America with the Pins for just a few locations.  The other map I need to show closest location to the person searching in a more zoomed in road view. How do I accomplish this?  Also, can you send me a link for the documentation I will need for these two add-ons?

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Here is the link for documentation.

Could you please provide a screenshot of plugin environment per the posting guidelines so we can see versions and site url if you can.

You cannot adjust a zoom based on  location sensor  per map page.   Keep in mind location sensor only works as good as the browser people are using, Chrome doesn’t allow it on un-secure (not https) sites and Google Maps newer versions do not require Location sensor.    Info on how the zoom function works

You could Hide the map until a search is done and have the zoom adjusted to zoom in there. You could also try to overide the zoom by using shortcodes on an individual page if you have more than one page with a Map on it

For instance I have a page

[SLPLUS map_region=”cr” center_map_at=”San Jose, Costa Rica” theme=”blank_mapfix”, initial_radius=”500″ zoom=”5″]

you can change the zoom to zero  for a closer zoom on that one map page, (zoom adjustment)

Also remember the radius behavior and settings also play into the formula. So you can  tweak different settings to get the optimum user experience

Amanda
    Participant

Thank you for the example I believe I can make it do what we need it too once I am able to enter the rest of the locations.  I tried entering a new location today and I’m getting the following error and it will not geocode.
    <p style=”font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5; margin: 0px; padding: 2px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-weight: 600;”>Store Locator Plus needs attention:</span></p>

<ul style=”padding: 0px 2px; list-style: none; margin: 0px; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 11.7px;”>
    <li style=”margin-bottom: 0.25em;”><span style=”font-weight: 600;”>Read this if you are having geocoding issues.</span>
    Address #1938 : , , Alaska, California <span style=”color: red;”>failed to geocode</span>.
    Received status REQUEST_DENIED.
    Received data

stdClass Object
    (
        [error_message] => Browser API keys cannot have referer restrictions when used with this API.
        [results] => Array
            (
            )

[status] => REQUEST_DENIED
    )

I have the browser key setup. I have attached a screenshot of that as well as the plugin information.  Thanks for your help!

Cici
    Keymaster

That error is from Google, You cannot have IP restrictions in browser key. See Shad posting in forums that answered your question.

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/forums/topic/geocode-error/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.