Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Country search returning 0 results in some cases

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tombrown
    Participant

We have a strange situation happening on our site where the results for some country searches for a location show up empty, but others pull the right information.

We have a page setup https://sternpinball.com/find-<wbr />international-distributor/ that executes this shortcode
    <div style=”color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; font-family: Menlo,Monaco,’Courier New’,monospace; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap;”>
    <div><span style=”color: #795e26;”>do_shortcode</span><span style=”color: #000000;”>(</span><span style=”color: #a31515;”>'[slplus only_with_category=”<wbr />distributor” country_selector=”input”]'</span><span style=”color: #000000;”>);</span></div>
    </div>
    It shows the country list as expected, but the results we are getting are mixed. When we search Thailand, it returns 5 results. Searching for Uraguay returns 0 results even though there is one in the backend database.

I’ve looked through the code, but don’t see any red flags. I have also compared the data to the best of my ability (not really knowing for sure how you store all the data) and nothing seems different between the 2 record sets.

We are also seeing that we can’t set the categories in the backend for a location. it shows them, but we can’t toggle them on/off. The data just won’t save. I do see a get_map_view js error in the console, but not sure if that is causing the data to not save.

This is causing some major issues with our sales team. Any quick help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

INFO

<b>Your Website Address:</b> https://sternpinball.com/
    <b>Which Product or Service Are You Asking About:</b> WPSLP (WordPress buy-and-own plugins)
    <b>Using SLP? Paste your WPSLP Environment (Info Tab) or MySLP Profile here::</b> Store Locator Plus®:5.5.6
    Experience:5.5.3
    Power:5.5.3
    Site URL:https://sternpinball.com
    This Info Cached:1586264974
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:5.4.1
    PHP Version:7.3.17-1+0~20200419.

<wbr />57+debian10~1.gbp0fda17
    MySQL Version:5.5.5
    PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:8 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:20M

Cici
    Keymaster

1) Update to latest version  of SLP and EXP

2) Any JS error can cause issues.

Categories not being able to be set or saved

Hints for debugging  and troubleshooting javascript.

3) country

Check your results settings for radius search

you should set to a high enough number.

That site has the country drop down with two different spellings of country Uruguay and you also have UrAguay

not sure where that is coming from but that indicates there is an address with both in your location data . Are you using the Experience discrete search dropdown on that site url .

tombrown
    Participant

So, I have found the issue, but it leads me to another question.

We have the search for that just shows the country field. Is there a way (parameter or otherwise) to have the search function just do a lookup on country as a string, and not grab the long/lat of the center point of the country and look x miles of radius outward?

Cici
    Keymaster

Yes, Under Settings Search radius there is a Do not use selection. It will ignore the radius

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Country search returning 0 results in some cases’ is closed to new replies.