Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus "Could not locate this address…" Locations only show with blank search

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    justin6
    Participant

Hello,

My SLP plugin displays this message when typing in a zip code or full address –

“Could not locate this address. Please try a different location.
    undefined”

But when searching blank (with a large radius), it shows nearby locations.

Can you help me restore search functionality?

I am working to update the PHP to the latest version. I’m not sure if that might affect this plugin. Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

SLP is compatible with the latest version of PHP.

Other Troubleshooting options here if search does not work , check  for Javascript and PHP handler, or if your site is over zealous and turned off the Ajax handler

see here  to troubleshoot suggestions for Ajax

Could not Locate this address if no other errors showing could be as a result of the radius behavior setting for results being set to too low a number, or it could be Google does not have enough info when the search criteria is set or  your center map is not set

But in your case, when i go to that site url  (Greenjoylife) and type in a zip code  I see this come back when I inspect for errors using the Console developer tools:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) 

Not sure if your host is preventing the communication between WP and Google  for the geocoding request to work which is required for the search by zip to work  or if it is because you are revamping the site. But the 500 internal error is on your  end  I believe

I see if I refresh and  wait a while and set the radius out further some locations appear.  If you do not have Center map set, in your settings/map to an address that is more central to all your locations it defaults to where Google thinks the center of US is, somewhere in Kansas   (check that you have set the Map region as well)

Other hints for better performance; Check the SLP settings under Map and results.

See documentation and use keywords to search , example radius 

Try setting Results to immediately show a larger number as well

double check that your security on the server is not also blocking the geocoder

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.