Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Is there a way to change the icon on the results that show up on the map? I want to use 3 different icons to for 3 different corresponding location entries.

Cici
    Keymaster

Do you want to use a different icon for each location, or do you need different icons per category?

For instance,

Location A: Petes grocery carries Apples. you want an Apple Icon.

Location B: Sally’s  market carries organic non gmo, and you want that to show a tree icon

Location C: Jim’s shop carries beauty supplies . You want an icon that reflects beauty supplies

Location D: is one mega store but it carries all of  Pete’s , Jims and Sally’s products all in one location and you want all three of those icons to show up.

If that scenario you need Power Add-on with the category and store manager settings

Or if you merely want Location A to show a map marker that is a Blue pin

Location B to be a Red pin, etc you can do that on an individual location selection.

Depending on how you want to display:

You need the Power Add-on which has category taxonomy and can have different icons and map markers and multiple icons per location appear in the results table with either a default map markers or a category map marker. Please read the documentation about the various options.

If you want to customize layouts , use CSS, change appearances of results, searches, and/or maps that is the Experience Add-on

If you want all of the above and more, review the features in the Premier package

Jason
    Participant

Ok, with your information I narrowed my solution down to two methods.

What I need to accomplish is to have a different pin assigned to each of the 3 or 4 categories of locations that I have.

OR I can do without categories and just assign an icon for each location individually. Which plugin do I need for this method?

Thank you for your help!

Cici
    Keymaster

For option 2,  Assigning a different marker for each location requires Experience Add-0n. The experience add-on also allows you to customize the map, the search layout, the results layout, rank results etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.