Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Category searches when cluster is enabled

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Toby
    Participant

I’ve recently enabled clusters (lovely feature – thank you).

One observation is it doesn’t seem that searching by category works now though… you can test it here:

http://locl.org/oxfordshire/map/

Choose ‘disability’ for example, and although the directory is correct, the map has far too many locations showed on it than are actually the case…

Store Locator Plus:4.5.09

Experience:4.5.08

Gravity Forms Integration:4.5.00

Power:4.5.09

Premier:4.5.10

Gravity Forms Locations:4.5.02

Site URL:http://locl.org

This Info Cached:1469386902

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.5.3

PHP Version:5.6.23

MySQL Version:5.6.28

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:128M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:100 MB

PHP Post Max Size:128M

Toby
    Participant

“Once someone has done a search, the page isn’t going to clear until another one is done. So yes you would have to refresh.”

Firstly, sorry for the delay replying – long summer holiday.

I don’t really understand… at present, a user goes to:

1/ http://locl.org/oxfordshire/map/ (within this page, a search of sorts has already taken place, via the shortcode on that page: [slplus state=”Oxfordshire”] but the user doesn’t know this.)
    2/ the user tries to use the search facility and chooses category “disability” and then hits “find locations”
    3/ incorrect responses come back to the user, incorporating many more results than ought to be the case
    4/ however, if the user, then hits page refresh, obviously in practice this would almost never happen, he/she does then does get the right search results, for the category disability, as they had originally hoped to achieve.

Could clicking “find locations” effectively trigger the same as a page refresh, to clear previous searches, and to then get the results right for the most recent search?

Many thanks, Toby

Cici
    Keymaster

It should trigger a new search when he selects a different category and hits find locations or whichever label you have for that.
    yes.
    like you, I have to refresh my memory on the subject, I only wish I could say it was because I was on holiday…lucky duck
    🙂

First, Since its been over a month there have been a few (a lot) of updates and we are now on Version 4.6.

Could you update to 4.6., or if by the time you read this, 4.6.1 is about to be published, for SLP, Power, and Experience.
    I know there was a bug fix in both EXP and Power. EXP bug fix involved featured locations and radius and Power was importing and updating categories.

I do not recall how your site was set up so you will have to refresh my memory after you update.

Toby
    Participant

Hi Cici – thanks for your help – I’m already on the latest versions offered to me at wordpress plugin page as follows:

Store Locator Plus:4.6

Experience:4.5.08

Power:4.5.12 Version 4.6 in production
    +Pages

Premier:4.5.10

Gravity Forms Locations:4.5.02

This Info Cached:1472049822

WordPress Version:4.6

PHP Version:5.6.25

PHP Limit:768M

WordPress General Limit:128M

WordPress Admin Limit:768M

PHP Peak RAM:104 MB

PHP Post Max Size:128M

Toby
    Participant

<div class=”update-message notice inline notice-alt notice-error”>

Just a follow up. I did get offered the chance to update to 4.6 – experience, power etc, just now. However after clicking I get:

Update Failed: Plugin update failed.

</div>

Cici
    Keymaster

mmm. Did you update SLP to 4.6 first?  Was there more of a message like “SLP already exists?

or Power must be deactivated?  I will log into your account to check that you have latest versions

Cici
    Keymaster

Have you updated WP to 4.6? (shouldnt need to for SLP 4.6 to work but it is preferable)

Did you delete the existing versions of those add-ons from your Plugins first?

I downloaded and then uploaded into my test site with no issues   (Experience add-on) and it seem to be the right version.

For the other add-ons such as the Third Party add-ons

Try going to Products/Download tab on the menu from your account. That will show you all the downloads available to you both Production and Pre release.

Power should  disable TAGALONG, PROPACk, PAGES.

You must first download the Store locator plus to 4.6

GFL and GFI version 4.6  are  in pre release.  GFI will be disabled with SLP version 4.6 so if you could test those out on your dev site that would be great (and let us know if any issues)

Toby
    Participant

Hi Cici, thanks for your help to date. SO I have done lots of updates and am now in the following environment…

Store Locator Plus:4.6.1

Experience:4.6.1

Power:4.6.1
    +Pages

Premier:4.6

Gravity Forms Locations:4.6.00

This Info Cached:1473232853

WordPress Version:4.6

PHP Version:5.6.25

PHP Limit:768M

However I still have the same problem…

Namely, when you arrive here:
    http://locl.org/oxfordshire/map/

And choose any category and then click “find location” – incorrect results come back.

Click ‘page refresh’ and the correct results for that category are returned…

Cici
    Keymaster

Since I do not know your actual locations and if they are in the right categories

I tested it with Children category and clicked find locations, all the results that came back seem to be all in the children and youth category.

I am not sure I understand your question clearly.

Since you have Premier Do you have “dropdown Autosubmit”  Enabled under Search?

Can you explain exactly how you think it should work.

I will ask Lance to look at your question because I am not sure I am following correctly. You are using Store Pages with Categories correct?

Cici
    Keymaster

Oh I think I see what you mean now, that is unique.  How do you have your markers set up in the back end under the Categories tab, do you have “use default markers or use Home Map markers” ? …not sure how that works with Clusters…

I have bumped your question to Lance.

Are you using  specific CSS or shortcodes in results layout?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Cluster markers is purely a visual aid and does nothing to impact searches.   It groups markers that are close together on the map grid into a single graphic image.

1) Make sure you are on 4.6.3 of SLP + Power + Experience ; there were some updates in Power and Experience that changes the discrete filter on city/state/country.   It likely won’t address the issue but it helps with possible “bug hunting” to know you are on the latest version.

2) Your settings for things like “State Selector” are very important in determining how future searches are handled.    [slplus state=”X”] will filter on the initial page load.  What happens AFTER that depends heavily on your settings.

If you do not have the selector set to hidden then whatever the drop down menu has selected will be the new state selection sent to the back end.   This is by design for sites that only want to filter the initial results but not restrict users to ONLY a specific state.

Other things affect the results as well including the radius selector and radius selections set by default.

First things first though – update to the 4.6.3 or newer releases and report back.   Provide the exact URL to your locator page as well as a “then enter XYZ in the search box and click find”.   Tell us what you expect to see versus what we will see when we repeat those steps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Category searches when cluster is enabled’ is closed to new replies.