Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Bubble Layout not working properly

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hello there,

We now face a problem with the bubble layout: Email is not showing the phonenumber is linked to the Email address.

You can test this here: https://www.lohnsteuerhilfe.net/beratungsstelle-finden/. Type in the field “Stadt” a city like “Gladbeck” or “Berlin”.

You will find the bubble layout code in the attached txt-file.

We run Storelocator Plus, Experience, Power, Premier, Version is for all 5.3.2.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
    Frank

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

You have special characters  on this line in your bubble layout and that is not going to work

=”slp_bubble_email”>

See the correct formatting here in docs

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Cici.
    Frank
    Participant

Hello,

thank your for your answer.
    I did what you suggested and copied the inire line

<span id="”slp_bubble_email”">[slp_location email wrap mailto ][slp_option label_email ifset email][html closing_anchor ifset email][html br ifset email]</span>

Strange things happen but I do not get the result.

What can we do?

Kind regards

Frank

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not see anything referring to the phone but there is a phone number in your site bubbles when opened. Is that what you are referring to?

The bubble layout details

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/map-info-bubble/

Frank
    Participant

I am sorry, but I do not understand your last post.

Just to set this clear: The bubble does not show the email address – as described above. Instead the phone number is linked to the email address – as described above.

The code I used to show the email address in the bubble is posted above.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Frank

Cici
    Keymaster

In the future , or next post : Please provide your Plug-in environment as outlined here and in posting guidelines

I see the following elements On your site for bubble layout by inspecting using any dev tools in your browser :

I see this in one of your bubbles I chose at random: for example you do not have a closing anchor

<a href=”mailto:jherold@lohnsteuerhilfe.net” target=”_blank” class=”storelocatorlink”><span id=”slp_bubble_url”></span>

<span id=”slp_bubble_phone”><span class=”location_detail_label”></span><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>: 030-96063687</font></font><br></span>

In the documentation for layout and shortcode attributes as well as under the BUBBLE layout both show a closing anchor

mailto<span id=”slp_bubble_email”>[slp_location email         wrap    mailto ][slp_option label_email ifset email][html closing_anchor ifset email][html br ifset email]</span><span id=”slp_bubble_phone”>[html br ifset phone]</span>

You do not have closing anchor after the email html  nor the correct format on the actual site , so you either did not save it or update your site after saving. Bevause this is not what is being shown ( I attached a screenshot showing exactly what is being shown. if you have written it correctly in SLP then look at your divi theme, a lot of your styling is inherited from that divi theme to see if it is overwirting it. if it is you may need to add CSS . You can set your own custom CSS rules under the Settings/ View  and then entering Custom CSS  in the box labeled CSS.

This is an example of properly formatted bubble layout with closing anchors

<span id=”slp_bubble_email”>[slp_location email         wrap    mailto ][slp_option label_email ifset email][html closing_anchor ifset email][html br ifset email]</span>

<span id=”slp_bubble_phone”>[html br ifset phone]

<span class=”location_detail_label”>[slp_option   label_phone   ifset   phone]</span>[slp_location phone         suffix    br]</span>

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Cici. Reason: add screenshot
    Attachments:
    Frank
    Participant

Hello,

unfortunately you did not offer a solution. Here is the code we use as already posted at the very beginning:

<div id="sl_info_bubble" class="[slp_location featured]"><span id="slp_bubble_name">Ansprechpartner
    <strong>[slp_location data.first_name] [slp_location data.last_name]</strong></span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_address">[slp_location address suffix br]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_zip">[slp_location zip suffix ]</span> <span id="slp_bubble_city">[slp_location city suffix br]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_website">[html ifset url][slp_location url wrap website]Termin vereinbaren[html closing_anchor ifset url][html br ifset url]</span><span id="”slp_bubble_email”">[slp_location email wrap mailto ][slp_option label_email ifset email][html closing_anchor ifset email][html br ifset email]</span><span id="slp_bubble_url">[slp_location data.sl_url ifset url][html br ifset url]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_phone"><span class="location_detail_label">[slp_option label_phone ifset phone]</span>: [slp_location phone suffix br]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_directions">[html br ifset directions][slp_option label_directions wrap directions][html br ifset directions]</span></div>

You made a very good description of what happens on our site although we use this code.

So, again, we ask for support how to solve this.

By the way: If I press the “Info” button to deliver what you asked for I get a “critycal error”. Maybe the screenshot helps.

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Extended data Manager is a third art plugin by DeBaat and will not work with any of our plugins any longer, That author (DeBAAT not the SLP author) stopped updating his add-ons so we had to deactivate them. We announced this two years agohttps://storelocatorplus.com/legacy-third-party-add-ons-deactivation/

So if that is what you mean by critical error, deactivate that plugin

I know you said you used the layout code but when I looked at your actual  URL the actual site and inspected the bubble element that is NOT what was appearing.  I provided you the screenshot of what is really in there. I do not know if you need to refresh and flush your cache, it is possible. There were NO closing anchors. So if you are testing s on a staging site please provide that. What is giving you a critical error?

I will show you a screenshot of your elements for the bubble layout. As you can see there are NO closing html anchors. so if you say there is in the back end of SLP under MAP bubble then maybe your theme is overriding it and stripping out the slp info bubble div. or your cacheing is interfering. .

if that is the case,  On a staging site, turn off the other plugins and  try a totally Vanilla, i.e a not customized nor any Premier theme  and use a free WordPress theme and see how the info bubble displays then. I am pretty sure you will see it displays correctly. If so you know it is your theme.

Again here is attached screenshot of the elements as they are written  in your bubble.

Attachments:
    Frank
    Participant

Hello there,

I made my way thru this by trial and error. At certain points (see above) the standard shortcodes do not work on our website. Here is the code that finally did it:

<div id="sl_info_bubble" class="[slp_location featured]"><span id="slp_bubble_name">Ansprechpartner
    <strong>[slp_location data.first_name] [slp_location data.last_name]</strong></span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_address">[slp_location address suffix br]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_zip">[slp_location zip suffix ]</span> <span id="slp_bubble_city">[slp_location city suffix br]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_website">[html ifset url][slp_location url wrap website]Termin vereinbaren[html closing_anchor][html br ifset url]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_email">[slp_location email wrap mailto ]E-Mail[html br ifset email]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_phone">[html br ifset phone] [slp_option label_phone ifset phone][slp_location phone suffix br]</span>
    <span id="slp_bubble_directions">[html br ifset directions][slp_option label_directions wrap directions][html br ifset directions]</span></div>

The bubble now shows name, address, website, email, phone and Google map where they should be. Links are working.

Probably the shortcodes are under revision.

Cheers

Frank

Attachments:
    Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, I see that the email comes up now

because of your other issue with storepage and the errors I saw on your site  the developer is republishing some JS script that  may not have made it all the way through publications.

First make sure you have recent update and  you have saved in a sepafrate file your bubble layout that works for you

then you can try the update to SLP EXP to 5.5.1 It is under your account in downloads or you can checl WP Check again for updates and it should appear there

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.