Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Add Location Function not working in Admin Panel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    helpdesk
    Participant

I am unable to Add locations from the admin panel. It appears that most of the form elements are missing. I first noticed this issue recently on SLP version 4.9.11, but after updating to 4.9.14, the issue persists. I am adding the plugin env. info and the browser console errors. A screenshot of the Add Location page has been attached.

Store Locator Plus:4.9.14
    Experience:4.9.14
    Power:4.9.14
    +Pages
    +Pages
    Premier:4.9.14
    Janitor:4.9
    Site URL:https://twinliquors.com
    This Info Cached:1527624959
    Network Active:No
    WordPress Version:4.9.6
    PHP Version:5.4.45
    MySQL Version:5.5.51
    PHP Limit:268435456
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:31 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:8M

GET https://twinliquors.com/wp-admin/Store%2029 404 ()
    [Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 89ms
    VM4626 admin-locations-tab.min.js?ver=1527624984:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: location_manager is not defined
    at Object.initialize (VM4626 admin-locations-tab.min.js?ver=1527624984:1)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (VM4626 admin-locations-tab.min.js?ver=1527624984:1)
    at i (VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2)
    at Function.ready (VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2)
    initialize @ VM4626 admin-locations-tab.min.js?ver=1527624984:1
    (anonymous) @ VM4626 admin-locations-tab.min.js?ver=1527624984:1
    i @ VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2
    fireWith @ VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2
    ready @ VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2
    K @ VM4580 load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=0fa78e4bf322cf8eac5da23d1e8a910b:2
    [Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 186ms

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

announcement in MARCH  that was posted and sent to all news feed subscribers about the bug in 4.9.11 . If you noticed the issues back then you should have  immediately notified us and we would have provided you instructions to restore from a back-up immediately.

You need to restore from a back-up from before that update. If you updated on a live site (never a good idea by the way)  you may need to follow the instructions  in the article if you have an experienced IT person to assist you.

helpdesk
    Participant

Prior to March… Ok thanks

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by helpdesk.
    helpdesk
    Participant

I tried loading in the csl-slplus-options and csl-slplus-options_nojs option values from a much earlier (2016) version of slp, but there was no change other than on the location map on the front end.

I’m trying to track down a backup from earlier this year. I think this was installed in March and everything on the front-end worked correctly, so there were no issues noticed at the time The only thing that appears to be working incorrectly is the “add” location button in the admin panel (and as I write this, the edit and delete buttons on the location list are not working). Assuming we don’t have a backup prior to March 2018 and after the last major SLP release, what is the next step to getting try to get this working?

Cici
    Keymaster

You would not want a back up from 2016. If you updated WP to 4.9.5 or 4.9.6 it probably would not be compatible, as far as “add locations button missing in the back end….that would not be missing from the 4.9.11 update….did you migrate your site by any chance???????

helpdesk
    Participant

No migrations, but we did a full backup restoration in January… It looks like a possible javascript error — Uncaught ReferenceError: location_manager is not defined in admin-locations-tab.min.js.

Also, I found a more recent backup from before 5.9.11 was released but it looks like it did not fix the problem.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by helpdesk.
    Cici
    Keymaster

I will have the developer weigh in as he is more familiar with restores and possible issues when you did that restoration, I have updated numerous times and test the update process on two separate sites and have never lost the “Add locations” functionality. As soon as the developer can break from his current dev work he will weigh in.

As a side note I do see this error on your site

http://twinliquors.com/stores/Store%2029

it is failing here with a 404 error

when I conduct a search it appears another error coming back from your theme http://twinliquors.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

When search does not work correctly. Troubleshooting information here

Also  your server must be setup to allow the built-in WordPress AJAX handler to execute.  Additionally, ANY PLUGIN or THEME that is breaking javascript will break SLP functionality.  I am guessing a good place to begin looking is at your theme

helpdesk
    Participant

Thank you. I found the Store%2029 error and took care of that one 🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

Good to know, is the back end admin panel working for you now?

Let us know if you resolved that.

On the front end as a follow up, now that there are no blatant failures in the console a warning is showing up and this you Will absolutely need to take care of very soon. The updates to 4.9.15 allow you to add a Browser key with HTTp restricters but only if you also add a Geocoding API. otherwise you can just get a Google API key without the referrer restrictions. Either way the important change is that NO SITE will geocode and the map page and search will break if you do not have a Google API with a billing account attached.

Please read the NEWS feed, there have been two annoucements in our news feed about these google API key changes.

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/google-api-key-changes-for-wordpress-plugins/

The MAy 8 news feed says do not add referrers but that ws before the current release of 4.9.15. So if you plan on staying on 4.9.14 do NOT add referrer restrictions

https://www.storelocatorplus.com/google-api-key-changes-coming-june-11-2018/

The warning on url: http://twinliquors.com/stores/#.WxFsaEgvxPY
    Google Maps JavaScript API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys
    Jw.j @ util.js:226

Cici
    Keymaster

If you are still not able to add locations :

Maybe this will also  help you find the issue with the javascript error,  (just me looking at your public site not the developer)

If you click on the website link (example)  under any of the stores that show on your map under results, and follow the link for the website and then  inspect in your  browser under console , you will see errors.

every one of them is showing this . Uncaught ReferenceError: slplus is not defined

at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (slp-power_userinterface.min.js?ver=1527625231:1)

at n (jquery.js?ver=1.7.1:2)

at Object.fireWith (jquery.js?ver=1.7.1:2)

at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.7.1:2)

at HTMLDocument.B (jquery.js?ver=1.7.1:2)

Hint: With the Pages interface.    Need to make sure Power is updated and caches are cleared.

Second check the Page template to make sure you have  correctly set that up

If after all is said and done you still are having issues you can request the developer log in (note that is a paid support feature) it could be a combination of settings in your admin  that is breaking the SLP JS — we are out of  guesses.. the site login  paid support is a $300 support service,. You must have a staging or dev site that the developer can log into. He will look at your site  and identify your issues but he will not customize or recreate your site, theme pages etc.

If it *IS* Store Locator Plus  current version bug we would  refund  you and expedite a fix.

I hope you have had luck in narrowing down the issues. Let us know when you have and what they may have been so others can benefit.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.