Store Locator Plus version 4.6.4 fixed the zoom settings, the plug-in tabs “save changes” and the back-end UI.
The change in the back end user interface will not be noticeable to most users. The naming of sections and tabs and settings now will use programmatic slugs instead of the plain text names. This allows the settings translations in different languages to remain intact even if language files have not been updated. This means future updates to Store Locator Plus, Power, Experience, and Premier add-ons will no longer lose their settings tabs. Another behind the scenes development is populating the plug-in and add-ons with “smart options” settings. To learn more please watch the developer’s brief You Tube.
Change Log for Store Locator Plus
Notice For Add On Users
The legacy add ons including Pro Pack, Enhanced Map/Search/Results , Tagalong, Pages, Directory Builder, Contact Extender, and Widget Pack will not work with this version of Store Locator Plus.
You must use the version of Store Locator Plus that was published when you purchased the legacy add ons.
The Power Add On replaces Pro Pack, Tagalong, Pages, Directory Builder, and Contact Extender with a single add on.
The Power Add On replaces Enhanced Map/Search/Results and the Widget Pack.
- PATCH single delete locations is working again.
- PATCH Messages (import/schedule/cron) consuming memory and preventing full page load on manage locations. Manifests as screeen options not working | Power bulk actions issues.
- PATCH update the SQL query output back to the browser to deal with WP 4.8.3 changes in how wpdb->prepare mangles the SQL queries with hashed keys.
- PATCH Admin Locations search box for sites running WP 4.8.3+
- IMPROVEMENT Update the Store Locator Plus | Locations | List interface to improve rendering process for each row reducing memory footprint and reduce system errors when displaying 999 locations at once.
- IMPROVEMENT A new css class 'loading_locations' is added to the find button and address input fields when a location search request is sent to the server and removed when the search is done.
- IMPROVEMENT The Default With Font Tweaks plugin style ( Settings | View | Plugin Style ) changes the address bar color when locations are loading.
- NOTICE As of Store Locator Plus 4.9 we no longer support PHP versions prior to 5.3.
- PATCH missing subtab content when using some non-English native languages.
- PATCH array references to allow SLP to work with PHP version < 5.4 including PHP 5.3
- PATCH add allow empty parameter for Smart Options , used on Settings | Search | Appearance | Power Category Selector First Entry to allow it to be blank to drop the "Any" selector.
- NEW FEATURE Settings | General | Admin | Messages | Enable WP DEBUG to enable the WordPress debug log to help catch late-process coding errors on your site.
- ENHANCED Speed up the manage locations html rendering.
- ENHANCED Security patch for manage locations | delete operations.
- ENHANCED Add default value hint to help text for all settings that have default values.
- ENHANCED Add plugin icon to table row for WP 4.9.
- PATCH Make associated stores post types self-correcting when using Power Add On features.
- PATCH settings with \\ being doubled-up on every save. All \\ entries in settings are replace with a single \ on upgrading to 4.8.8.
- PATCH Stop PHP warnings with Power Add On creating individual SEO pages.
- PATCH Bulk Delete Locations deletes associated SEO Pages created by Power Add On.
- PATCH White Screen Of Death (WSOS) on sites using PHP < 5.4, but why are they? PHP 5.3 was end-of-life August 2014.
- Tested with WP 4.9
- Power must be upgraded to 4.8.8
- Security Patch: validate location processing nonces.
- Patch to update location ID lookups due to WordPress 4.8.2 security patch.
- Autoload patch
- Fix apostrophe in description on editor.
- Fix admin page detector. Fixes category icon/marker selector for Power Add On.
- Fix the admin pages related settings highlight.
- Clean up some of the admin locations interface elements. Use jQuery base dialogues from Theme Roller.
- Simplified object loader to reduce overhead.
- Minor performance improvement on admin page saves.
- Directory Builder no longer supported.
- Experience 4.8.3 or higher is required.
- Dropped slp_save_map_settings_inputs filter.
- A half-dozen old-school style map markers (pin_red, marker, icon_entertainment, bubble_person, box_teal_airport, box_gray_house, arrow) have been removed. They can be added to WP media manager or a newer style selected in its place.
- Make built-in Smart Options a little smarter when something is deactivated and a setting goes away.
- Fix manage locations hide columns and pagination for MySLP.
- Fix location edit/add on non-English sites.
- Add a nicer notification for missing home/end icons on the Settings interface.
- Remove obsolete legacy code to lighten the disk and memory impact.
- Fix Premier license validation on multisite.
- Enhanced Results is officially deprecated. Users must be using version 4.7 or earlier of SLP to continue using the legacy add on.
- Prevent add ons from consuming lots of memory and possibly crashing the site when they call the is_CheckTrue() method improperly.
- Manage Locations UX has been updated: uses WordPress-standard Screen Options to set number of locations to show on a page and show/hide columns.
- Adding a location via the Manage Locations form no longer requires the store name to be set.
- Uses minified JS for slp_core if available.
- Patch to fix the Power Add On CSV Import duplicate handler.
- Patch to deal with Power Add On hide_search_form shortcode issue.
- New Smart Option interface for add ons reduces redundant code.
- Tagalong is no longer compatible with SLP, upgrade to the Power Add On.