Join Charleston Software Associates
Charleston Software Associates (CSA) is the company that has created the popular Store Locator Plus WordPress plugin. The plugin is running on an estimated 45,000 sites and has 5,000 registered users of the premium add-on packs. CSA is a single-man operation based in Silicon Harbor, aka Charleston SC USA.
It is time to take the company to the next level. I need a “right hand man” to help me drive Store Locator Plus quality and presentation up a notch. Once we are don a re-tooling of WordPress to create a full-blown SaaS Store Locator Plus implementation is on the agenda.
If you’re up for a challenge and want to create something cool with WordPress, this is your chance.
- Well versed in WordPress coding.
- Understand hooks and filters and have experience implementing them.
- Possess extensive WordPress theme and/or plugin development experience.
- Utilize proper object-oriented methodologies in their PHP implementations.
- Use version control, git preferred, and comment documentation in phpDoc format.
- Know and adhere to WordPress Core coding standards.
The “geek check list”:
- Selenium IDE
You Are A Fit If…
- You are an INDIVIDUAL, not a company and not an individual representing a company.
- You have hands-on WordPress theme or plugin coding experience.
- You write and speak English fluently.
I will give preference to applicants that are geographically closest to Charleston SC USA. Communications improve with fewer time zone differences. They are even better when we can meet over coffee or beer on a routine basis.
This is my “first man on board” position. That role will grow to be the “director and main man” over the coming months. As the company grows the underlings will be under your control. You will help set the technical direction and future release features.
The position will start at 20-30 hours per week through the end of 2014 as we build the relationship, you learn the code, and we get things organized. By the time January 2015 gets started the goal is to make this a full time gig.
You tell me what your compensation should be. I will do my best to make it work. At the start you will be serving in a contractor/freelance role. Once we start building the team this can transition to an employee role if that fits your needs.
Contact Me with your introduction. When the dialogue begins you can email me your resume if you have one prepared.